Insight Partners is a leading global venture capital and private equity firm investing in high-growth technology and software ScaleUp companies that are driving transformative change in their industries. Founded in 1995, Insight Partners has invested in more than 400 companies worldwide and has raised through a series of funds more than $30 billion in capital commitments. Insight’s mission is to find, fund, and work successfully with visionary executives, providing them with practical, hands-on software expertise to foster long-term success. Across its people and its portfolio, Insight encourages a culture around a belief that ScaleUp companies and growth create opportunity for all. For more information on Insight and all its investments, visit www.insightpartners.com.
Insight Partners’ Marketing & Communications Team is hiring a “Portfolio Engagement Marketing Manager” to support and nurture our community of 200+ portfolio companies. The goal of this role is to provide an unparalleled experience for each company, from the time between investment to exit, and to enable the portfolio to build connections, enhance their knowledge, and achieve critical growth milestones.
To accomplish this, the candidate will work collaboratively with their manager, “Senior Manager of Portfolio Engagement,” and the Onsite Centers of Excellence to build and execute marketing and community engagement strategies. This includes creating and promoting content, events, and managing Insight’s GO portfolio company community platform.
To be successful in this role, you must have a collaborative work ethic and be able to manage a variety of tasks, while keeping an eye for detail. Additionally, this role requires a combination of creativity, business acumen, and strategic thinking.
Let’s dig a little deeper. Does this sound like you?
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, go-getter attitude, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Always thinking of ways to build a vibrant community and keep people engaged
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about the technology/software sector and understand the role that VC and PE play in the growth of companies
- You have a background in marketing (content, events, email, social) and community
- You are creative but also analytical and are comfortable working with technical teams
- The ideal candidate is skilled in visual design and has the ability to copy edit. They also have experience working with Salesforce, Pardot, Splash, and Slack.
If so, here is what would you be doing?
- Develop, refine, and execute community engagement strategies alongside the Senior Manager of Portfolio Engagement and Onsite COEs using analytics and user feedback
- Help manage the onboarding, engagement, and usability of the community platform
- Maintain a content calendar containing articles, playbooks and guides, and events
- Collaborate with thought leaders (internally and externally) to build, edit, and promote content for all marketing channels
- Design visual graphics to promote content, news, and events
- Repurpose and promote existing content to ensure that we’re getting the most mileage out of each asset (e.g., create a blog recapping insights from a webinar)
- Build targeted email campaigns to promote events, content, and monthly newsletters
- Ensure that digital and in-person events are executed and promoted successfully
- Assist with the structure, scaling, and maintenance of internal systems including our community platform, CRM, and email service provider
- Work with the Brand Marketing Manager to create and schedule social media posts
- Experience in marketing and/or community within the software ecosystem
- Excellent writing and editing skills that can be applied to white papers, case studies, webinars, infographics, blog entries and videos
- Solid organization and time management skills, detail oriented and ability to focus and work efficiently in a demanding, fast-paced team environment
- Stellar interpersonal, communication skills both written and oral and ability to work with all levels of staff and management
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a relevant field is preferred
- 2+ years of work experience in Marketing, Communications or similar work experience
- Willingness to spend time at Insight’s offices and preferably located in NYC
- If you are interested in applying, please visit this website.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.