PROOF is seeking a full-time Tax Manager. PROOF is a fast-paced and growing venture capital fund family with over $400 million of capital raised since mid-2016. We raise capital and form new entities on a regular basis to invest in later-stage successful businesses, most of which will eventually go public or be purchased by other companies. We are seeking a candidate who is experienced with using tax software to prepare partnership returns. This individual will have an opportunity for growth by expanding their contributions to our firm on higher-level partnership tax issues.
The ideal candidate will have experience with understanding financial information and using that information to prepare Federal and state tax returns. They should be well organized, professional, responsible, a quick-learner, and a self-starter comfortable working independently in addition to being part of a team.
Here at PROOF we currently manage over 100 entities: a mix of 3 venture capital funds (7 entities), 3 general partnerships, 1 management company, 5 master entities, over 30 Fund special purpose vehicles, and over 60 co-investment special purpose vehicles. With guidance from our CFO, the Tax Manager will facilitate the timely and accurate production of over 2,000 annual Schedules K-1 (1065), Federal and state tax filings for the entities we produe internally, and will liaison with our outside accounting firm (BDO) on the 10 entities we outsource. The Tax Manager will also assist with international tax work, as needed, using international tax firms.
We continually add new entities and new investors to our reporting system. The Tax Manager will ensure our internal tax reporting system scales with our business.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors Degree – Accounting degree a plus
- 5 years working in tax return preparation
- Experience in using tax software for limited liability companies (experience using import tool from Excel into tax software is a plus)
- Proficiency in Excel (not just a basic working knowledge) is required
- Familiarity with the tax code as it applies to investment partnerships
- Superior organizational abilities with a keen focus on detail and 100% accuracy
- Ability to work on a peer level with outside accounting firm on tax matters
- Ability to prioritize work while balancing team and individual responsibilities
- Able to identify potential issues and risks in various Federal and state tax reporting requirements, as well as occasional international tax issues
- Works well under pressure and deadlines
PROOF currently maintains offices in Reston, Virginia. Local residence in Virginia, Washington, D.C., or Maryland is preferred, although not required.
If interested in applying for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.