Join NVCA’s dynamic member network with representation from 42 states and micro VCs to mega funds.
NVCA is committed to a thriving venture industry across the country. In addition to helping to inform and drive NVCA’s wide-ranging policy agenda, NVCA members have access to differentiated, career catalyzing education and advancement programs, unparalleled community and networking opportunities, and exclusive, leading industry research and analysis.
Who are NVCA members?
- VC partnerships
- Corporate venture groups
- Seed/Micro VCs
- Growth equity firms
- University accelerators & innovation funds
How does NVCA help you succeed?
Policy & Advocacy
Education & Advancement
Community & Convening
Research & Data
- Shape and advance policy agenda through participation in issue working groups (including Blockchain, Foreign Investment, Life Sciences, etc)
- Individuals at NVCA Member firms are invited to participate in exclusive Peer Groups dedicated to investment strategy, functional expertise, and policy interest.
- Exclusive invitations to members-only programs, including policy briefings, networking events, and education sessions/webinars. Check out upcoming NVCA events here.
- Significantly discounted pricing and priority admission for all NVCA ticketed events, including the annual Leadership Gala, Strategic Operations & Policy Summit, and VC University.
- Reduced pricing on industry events hosted by partner organizations
- Quarterly and annual publications (and exclusive data) on U.S. VC trends and activity provided through our partnership with PitchBook.
- Special pricing and deals with our Preferred Providers including: Brex, Carta, Dynamo Software, PitchBook, …and more to come!
- Valuable firm exposure through NVCA communications, including the Member Spotlight and Building Better blogs.
- Automatic, exclusive access to NVCA’s Series D.C. newsletter, which brings you the inside scoop on what’s happening in Washington relevant to VC.
- Preferential consideration for placement in NVCA SmartBrief newsletter (9,000+ VC industry subscribers).
- Priority thought leadership and speaking opportunities at NVCA hosted programs.
MEMBERSHIP OVERVIEW:2022 NVCA Overview
Who is eligible to join NVCA?
NVCA membership is open to venture capital partnerships, corporations, family offices, fund of funds, and university/accelerator programs investing or planning to invest risk equity capital in the U.S.
To become a member, your firm must be engaged in or planning private equity investing on a cash for equity basis from 1) a dedicated pool of private equity capital of at least $1 million or 2) investing off the balance sheet of a corporation. Applicant firms must also employ at least one full-time employee, or full time equivalent, whose sole purpose is direct private equity investing or investing through VC fund-of-funds.
How are membership dues calculated?
Annual membership dues are based on the sum of your firm’s VC funds closed in the past 10 years. Corporate venture groups investing off the balance sheet pay an annual flat fee ($10,000). CVCs with dedicated funds pay based on the standard fee schedule. See the NVCA dues structure below:
NVCA Member Dues Formula
|Committed Capital*||Annual Dues|
|$5M – $9.9M||$1,000|
|$10M – $99.9M||$2,000 – $6,000 (+$500 per addl $10M)|
|$100M – $499.9M||$10,000 – $17,500 (+$2.5K per addl $100M)|
|$500M-$999.9M||$22,500 – $32,500 (+$2.5K per addl $100M)|
|$1B+||$35,000+ (+$5K per addl $500M)|
What if my fund is not a traditional venture capital fund? Are there any special membership categories?
Additional membership categories:
- University Program – $1,500
- Family Office – Based on capital committed to VC (fund and direct) investments only; VC fund investments at 50% of Committed Capital rate (see table)
- Fund of Funds – 50% of Committed Capital rate for fund investments plus regular rate for direct investments
- CVCs – $10,000 (investing off the balance sheet). CVCs with dedicated funds pay based on the standard fee schedule here
Is NVCA affiliated with regional VC associations?
NVCA is independent and does not have any formal relationships with regional VC associations.
I’d like to explore a partnership with NVCA, but I am not qualified to be a member. What should I do?
Please contact email@example.com to provide details about how you would like to work with NVCA.
I am a service provider, can I join NVCA?
While NVCA membership is reserved exclusively for venture investors, NVCA engages with industry service providers that support VCs and their portfolios through the Industry Partner Program. Industry Partners receive invaluable exposure and connections to leading VCs by sponsoring events, webinars, thought leadership, and other initiatives. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.