The NVCA Model Legal Documents are the industry-embraced model documents that can be used in venture capital financings. They reduce the time and cost of financings and free principals time to focus on high-level issues.
The model documents:
- Reduce transaction costs and time
- Reflect, guide, and establish industry norms
- Avoid bias toward the VC or the company/entrepreneur
- Present potential options, reflecting a variety of financing terms
- Include explanatory commentary where necessary or helpful
- Anticipate and eliminate traps for unenforceable or unworkable provisions
- Provide a comprehensive set of internally consistent financing documents
Disclaimer: Each document is intended to serve as a starting point only, and should be tailored to meet your specific requirements. These documents should not be construed as legal advice for any particular facts or circumstances.
New! Enhanced Model Term Sheet v2.0
In partnership with Aumni, an investment analytics company, NVCA has released a new Enhanced Model Term Sheet with embedded market analysis of deal term frequency and usage.