The NVCA Model Legal Documents are the industry-embraced model documents that can be used in venture capital financings. They reduce the time and cost of financings and free principals time to focus on high-level issues.
The model documents:
- Reduce transaction costs and time
- Reflect, guide, and establish industry norms
- Avoid bias toward the VC or the company/entrepreneur
- Present potential options, reflecting a variety of financing terms
- Include explanatory commentary where necessary or helpful
- Anticipate and eliminate traps for unenforceable or unworkable provisions
- Provide a comprehensive set of internally consistent financing documents
Disclaimer: Each document is intended to serve as a starting point only, and should be tailored to meet your specific requirements. These documents should not be construed as legal advice for any particular facts or circumstances.
New! Enhanced Model Legal Documents
In partnership with Aumni, a leading provider of investment analytics for the private capital markets, NVCA offers a new Enhanced Model Term Sheet v.3.0 and a new Enhanced Investors’ Rights Agreement, each with an embedded market analysis of deal term frequency and usage.