PitchBook-NVCA Venture Monitor
The PitchBook-NVCA Venture Monitor, produced by NVCA and PitchBook, is the authoritative quarterly report on venture capital activity in the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
What’s new: The Q2 2023 PitchBook-NVCA Venture Monitor, sponsored by Insperity, J.P. Morgan, and Dentons, captures how investors and founders are reshuffling their priorities to buy time and identify high-impact innovations as the market tightens further:
- Raising capital is now markedly more difficult even at the seed stage, where quarterly deal value declined 26.3% from Q1.
- Trapped capital continues to build in mature startups: Just $12 billion of exit value was realized in the first half of the year, with Q2 deal value coming in at a decade low.
- There are now 50,000 VC-backed companies, double 2016 levels, demonstrating the risks of a prolonged capital shortage.
Learn more about real-time fundraising, investments, exits, and other relevant industry analyses by:
Takeaways from the most recent PitchBook-NVCA Venture Monitor
- For more information on the report, contact email@example.com
- For media inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For sponsorship opportunities, contact email@example.com
Special thanks to NVCA’s official data provider, PitchBook.