Scrum Ventures is an early-stage venture firm based in San Francisco with a growing Tokyo office. With entrepreneurial expertise and a strong network in Japan, we actively support portfolio global growth and success. We are looking for a Fund Operations Associate to join the strong, existing finance team. The Fund Operations Associate will report directly to the Controller and work closely with members of the finance and investing teams. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills, be an effective communicator, and be a collaborative team player.
This position may be located in the U.S. or Japan.
- Review fund financials prepared by external fund administrators
- Coordinate execution of deal documents and wiring of funds for new investments
- Collect and analyze portfolio company data
- Monitor investment capitalization tables
- Manage annual audit process
- Provide support for valuations of portfolio companies
- Manage investment and internal compliance processes
- Perform special ad-hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related degree equivalent
- Must have at least 3 years public accounting, audit and/or relevant industry experience
- Understanding of fund accounting and investment partnership structures
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organization, time management and written / verbal communication skills
- Take complete ownership of work with a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects on a timely basis
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong work ethic with an initiative to learn and a high level of professional integrity
- Familiarity with Japan, and/or bilingual, would be a huge plus
If you are interested in this job, please apply here.