About Roble Ventures
Roble Ventures is an early-stage venture capital and seed fund investing $500k to $2 million in entrepreneurs who are passionate about building solutions and companies that help human progress, the future of work, edtech, and diversity and inclusion. Founded by Sergio Monsalve, former ex-Partner at Norwest Ventures, our firm has a proven track record and playbook that has helped entrepreneurs generate over $8B in market value (including 3 unicorns) by following a purposeful approach that fosters human enablement. Roble Ventures believes in technologies that “do well and do good” for all humans to progress. Sectors of focus include:’
- Workplace transparency & remote work, including SaaS and data solutions that help our future of work;
- Skills development platforms and education technologies that enable our future of learning; and
- Job-creating marketplaces that deliberately create high fulfillment jobs through their supply-side and valuable products and services on the demand side.
Roble Ventures is hiring a new investment professional reporting directly to the Founding Partner. We recently closed our fund and have fresh capital to invest, so this is a great time in the fund cycle for an entrepreneurial person to grow into an effective investor/partner quickly, ideally for our next fund. This investment professional, depending on experience, will be expected to primarily work on a number of investment-related activities such as sourcing new deals, participating in meetings with entrepreneurs, due diligence of potential investment opportunities, oversight of existing investments, analysis of fund returns, managing the deal pipeline, and data analysis for research projects. This investment professional will also work directly with portfolio entrepreneurs.
A portion of this person’s time may also be dedicated to firm-building activities, such as recruiting, supporting our marketing initiatives, the creation of training material, CRM system maintenance/reporting, and market/thematic mapping. This professional will also be fully responsible for leading our Roble Ventures Labs program for pre-seed companies.
An ideal candidate will have broad experiences and exposure at Roble Ventures, and will play multiple roles in the organization. They will be responsible for:
- Sourcing new deals using a thematic approach
- Participating in entrepreneur presentations
- Attending select industry conferences to network
- Performing industry intelligence and research analysis
- Performing diligence and the writing of deal memos
- Marketing / prospecting
- Playing a leading role in organizing and leading diligence sessions
- Running diligence calls
- Conducting financial analysis (returns analysis and scenario modeling) to support the evaluation of potential investments
- Analyzing portfolio performance
- Maintaining deal pipeline database & CRM
- 3-5 years relevant experience (M&A, consulting, investment banking, VC, etc.)
- Ability to work independently on due diligence and deal sourcing.
- MBA preferred
- Strong communication skills; applicants must demonstrate the aptitude to develop and own relationships with existing and potential portfolio companies
To apply, please fill out our application form here.