- This event has passed.
StratComm Summit 2019
NVCA’s VC StratComm Summit provides content, insights on industry best-practices, thought leadership, and networking opportunities for communications, marketing, and investor relations professionals at VC firms.
The StratComm Summit is now sold out!
THE RUNDOWN: AGENDA
Welcome Lunch | 12:00-12:45pm
- Sign in, start networking, and help yourself to lunch
Welcome Remarks | 1:00-1:10pm
- Welcome Remarks: Cassie Ann Hodges, Director of Communications, NVCA
- Sponsor Remarks: The Content Bureau & Spark PR
How to Create Amazing Marketing Content for your Venture Firm (When You Have No Time) | 1:10-1:55
Now more than ever, content has become a part of marketing and communications for many VC firms. This panel explores what it takes to remain relevant when it comes to producing, sharing, and amplifying content for your firm and portfolio companies.
- Natasha Vianna, Comcast Ventures
- Katja Gagen, TCV
- Jessi Craige, First Round Capital
- Moderator and Presenter: Stacy Crinks, The Content Bureau
Creating Awesome Events for your Firm and Portfolio Companies | 2:00-2:45
How can you create memorable events that are useful for portfolio companies and your firm? This panel will provide best practices, brought to life by members of NVCA Stratcomm who host events on a regular basis. We’ll share insights on key areas like how to build GP support, how to come up with the core ideas and topics, how to develop an event in a way that supports your larger marketing strategy, tips for building out the panel and the audience, when and how to involve members of the press, venue selection and management, social media best practices and more. We’ll end the session with a Q&A to draw wisdom from the audience.
- Moderator and Presenter: Tim Turpin, Spark PR
- Panelists: Ashley Cravens, Uncork Capital; Gina Bauman, IVP; Ashley Mitchell, NEA
Break | 2:45-3:10
The Shifting Media Conversation Around Tech | 3:15-4:00
From high-profile IPOs and sizeable funding rounds to questions about corporate governance and more, the tech landscape continues to rapidly evolve and with it, the media who covers it. In this panel, we’ll discuss how these firms approach media relations in light of recent change, including how they advise their portfolio companies on best practices.
- Chantelle Darby, VP of Communications, Accel
- Mandy Kakavas, Partner, Communications, GV
- Erin Gleason Lane, VP of Communications, Founders Fund
Meet the Press | 4:05-4:50
Brought to you by Comcast Ventures: Industry reporters discuss the trends, themes and storylines they’re focusing on in the venture and startup industry in 2019 and beyond, and go over best practices for engaging reporters covering VC firms and portfolio companies.
- Moderator: Sue Kwon, Comcast Ventures
- Panelists: Angel Au-Yeung, Reporter, Forbes Magazine; Scott McGrew, Reporter, NBC, and Producer, Sand Hill Road Podcast; Kia Kokalitcheva, Reporter, Axios
Networking Reception | 5:00-6:30
Join your peers for a networking cocktail reception to close the 2019 VC StratComm Summit