Join your fellow investor relations, marketing, and communication professionals in the VC and startup ecosystem for the (virtual) annual NVCA StratComm Summit. Do not miss this chance to hear from industry leaders and members of the press as we exchange best practices and navigate communications and PR in this “new normal.”
1:00 – 1:05pm ET — Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Cassie Ann Kiggen — Director of Communications, NVCA
1:05 – 1:45pm ET — Strategic Communications in a Virtual World
This panel will discuss a variety of strategic communications and marketing topics in the current virtual world, including: annual meetings, LP/GP communications, advising portfolio companies, internal communications, and more!
- Scott Brown — Vice President of Marketing, Sapphire Ventures
- Katja Gagen — Head of Marketing, TCV
- Anna Hendry — Head of Marketing, Salesforce Ventures
- Moderator: Meredith Kendall Maines — Marketing Partner, Lightspeed
1:50 – 2:30pm ET — A Communicator’s Focus on DE&I
This panel will explore how VC-focused marketing and investor relations professionals can better communicate and measure DE&I messaging, commitment, and actions to external and internal stakeholders with authenticity.
- Heather Gates — National Emerging Growth Company Practice Leader, Deloitte
- Kate Barrett — Marketing Partner, NEA
- Lindsay Redfield — Chief Financial Officer, Greenspring Associates
- Moderator: Maryam Haque — Executive Director, Venture Forward
2:35 – 3:10pm ET — Meet the Press
Industry reporters discuss the trends, themes and storylines they’re focusing on in the venture and startup industry in 2020 and beyond, and go over best practices for engaging reporters covering VC firms and portfolio companies.
- Alex Konrad — Senior Editor, Forbes
- Biz Carson — VC & Startups Reporter, Protocol
- Moderator: Tim Turpin — Executive Vice President, Sparkpr
3:10 – 3:15pm ET — Closing Remarks from NVCA
Special thanks to our sponsors: