Top Tier Capital Partners (“TTCP” or the “Company”), an asset management firm specializing in venture capital investments, is seeking a Vice President of Capital & Partner Solutions (“CPS”) in its San Francisco office. The Vice President will support Top Tier’s distribution presence in North America and focus primarily on the following geographies: the Western and Midwestern United States as well as Western Canada. The position will focus on TTCP’s CPS distribution activities in the aforementioned geographies, as well as occasionally assist the Investor Services team within Capital & Partners Solutions and Top Tier’s Investment Teams.
The Vice President, Sales will perform a broad range of duties including, but not limited to, sourcing new investors for TTCP’s various offerings, developing relationships with TTCP’s current global investor base, recruiting fellow team members as budgets and business permits, building upon TTCP’s presence in the marketplace including attending conferences and speaking opportunities, undertake the various compliance and local board responsibilities to satisfy SEC and other TTCP regulatory needs. The Vice President will also be expected to travel in the region as well as to TTCP’s various offices, including Boston, MA and occasionally London, UK. The Vice President must possess a deep network of institutional investors and strong reputation in the private equity industry, as well as an understanding of the venture capital landscape. It is critical that the candidate has a proven track record in raising capital in the private markets for funds or funds of funds.
The Vice President, Sales will report directly to the Principal, Sales located in the Boston office as well as the Director, Capital & Partner solutions in the London office.
Top Tier Capital Partners is an investment manager with families of funds focused on primary commitments to venture funds, LP and direct secondaries, and direct investments. For over two decades Top Tier and its predecessor firm have made 160+ global investments backing top investors and innovators.
The Managing Director group at Top Tier presently consists of 5 Managing Directors. The Managing Directors oversee the various management activities ofthe firm including investing, fundraising and operations. There are three teams that coordinate the activities of the firm – Operations, Investments and Capital and Partner Solutions.
The Vice President, Sales will be aligned with the Capital & Partner Solutions (CPS) team. The CPS team oversees all fundraising activities for TTCP, marketing and production efforts, providing investor services, building strategic initiatives, leading various online and in-person investor meetings / initiatives and managing TTCP social media presence. The CPS team currently consists of 1 Director, 1 Principal, 1 Vice President, 1 Manager, and 1 Executive Assistant.
Essential Goals of the Position:
- Actively coordinate and participate in meetings with current and potential investors across the Firm’s various
offerings as well as SMA (separately-managed account) opportunities
- Be comfortable with cold-calling, coordinating and presenting at meetings with investors on your own volition
- Proactively updating TTCP’s CRM system on a daily basis with new, candid information about your investor calling universe
- Develop a working knowledge of all TTCP products and their respective portfolios
- Potentially leverage status in the industry in order to speak at investor conferences, on industry panels, and/or lead educational workshops
- Assist with material contribution to the development of TTCP offering materials including pitches, PPMs, DDQs and other various marketing materials
- As appointed or as invited, participate in governance activities of the firm including, but not limited to: leadership assistance of CPS team; assumption of leadership responsibilities associated with various roles of TTCP
- Lead in the development of the firm’s culture in the San Francisco office
- Assist, as needed, in portfolio monitoring, including attending annual meetings
- Continue to expand network of relevant senior level individuals in the global venture capital ecosystem
- Assist with training and mentoring junior staff especially within the CPS team and TTCP’s San Francisco office
- The technical and intellectual skills necessary for the individual to be successful in the role are:
– Having experience as an institutional fundraiser in developing and closing investor
– Being intellectually competent; capable of critical and analytical thinking
– Having strong written and oral communication skills
– Showing modeling/Excel, PowerPoint and Word experience with high attention to detail
– An understanding of CRM’s and prior work within Salesforce or Deal cloud is additive
- The behaviors, skills, and values necessary for the individual to be successful in the role are:
– Demonstrating a self-motivated attitude and entrepreneurial spirit in building relationships as well
as a commitment to teamwork and transparent communication
– Having a strong work ethic and being intrinsically motivated to meet objectives
– Being highly organized and effective at workload planning and able to manage multiple
tasks and priorities
– Demonstrating confidence and security in ones’ abilities, work product, and opinions
- The behaviors, skills, and values necessary for the individual to be successful within TTCP are:
– Being honest and principled with absolute integrity
– Being an effective communicator within the CPS team and especially with investors
– Holding oneself accountable
– Being focused on solutions not problems
– Demonstrating creativity
– Being friendly and open; exhibiting a spirit of camaraderie
- All employees are expected to support the Company in the successful completion of annual firm goals and objectives and in the execution of the Company’s Mission and Vision Statements objectives and to be committed to ongoing professional development
- All employees are expected to adhere to Company policies and procedures and to participate in the firm’s regulatory compliance program at a level appropriate to their positions
- All employees are expected to work with managers to develop and successfully complete annual individual goals and reviews
Other Position Requirements:
- 5-7 years of relevant private markets, institutional investor, capital-raising experience and applicable undergraduate college degree or MBA
- Ability to travel, sometimes significantly, and work beyond the Company’s normal 8:00am to 5:00pm
Qualified applicants will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the EEOC and the SF Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.