Job Title: Content and Community Manager / Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: San Francisco, CA
Prepared Date: 2/16/2022
Note: Title and compensation are commensurate with experience
Venture Forward is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, focused on shaping a stronger, healthier future
for the U.S. venture capital (VC) ecosystem. Venture Forward was launched in June of 2020 as a
supporting organization to the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA).
Women, people of color, and other marginalized communities are underrepresented in the venture
ecosystem. Our mission is to change that. We support emerging investors through educational programs
and networking opportunities and enable current investors to create powerful, positive changes within
their firms that are good for society and business.
Venture Forward is seeking a Content and Community Manager/Director (“Manager/Director”) who will
support Venture Forward and its constituents as they apply, participate, and matriculate through our
programs and initiatives.
In collaboration with the Executive Director and Senior Programs Director, the Manager/Director will
develop marketing and communication campaigns, support program applicants and participants, and
expand alumni and stakeholder engagement. The Manager/Director will serve as the voice of the brand,
providing information, guidance, and support, to further develop a sense of community and value
among our audience.
The Venture Forward team is highly collaborative, but as a relatively young entity with two full-time
employees, this role is ideal for someone with several years of relevant professional experience, who is
prepared to take the lead in developing and managing community engagement efforts.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Manage public-facing marketing and communications efforts in order to:
- Inform constituents about upcoming programs, resources, and opportunities.
- Recruit program applicants and support them through the process.
- Support participants through their programs, as necessary.
- Build trust and engagement with stakeholders (e.g., program applicants/participants/alumni, current and prospective donors, nonprofit partners, and the broader venture ecosystem).
- Expand the visibility of the organization’s brand and relevance within the industry and with the media.
- Oversee the organization’s social media and digital communications strategy (including a newsletter, website maintenance, alumni Slack workspace, etc.) to convey timely information and increase engagement with participants and alumni.
- Create and curate graphics, videos, tweets, posts, and other digital content across all of the organization’s online platforms.
- Offer direct support to program applicants and participants as needed; develop content/processes to improve efficiency and efficacy of support.
- Develop and manage efforts to leverage and engage our expanding program alumni base.
- Track and report relevant metrics (e.g., community growth, reach and efficacy of campaigns, digital engagement, etc.).
- Contribute to general operational and administrative needs, such as preparing written materials and presentations for board meetings, assisting with virtual and in-person events, etc.
- Periodically travel to assist with/attend the organization’s events.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 4+ years of relevant experience, such as roles related to platform teams at a VC firm, community management, program management, program operations, business development, marketing and communications, customer support, etc. Familiarity with VC ecosystem a very strong plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including proofreading, editing, and creating content for internal and external audiences.
- Experience managing marketing and communications campaigns via email and social media (including tracking metrics), familiarity with Mailchimp, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Experience with website management and maintenance (including tracking metrics), familiarity with WordPress, HTML, and Google Analytics.
- Basic graphic design skills, such as creating infographics and marketing collateral and editing images and videos. Familiarity with Canva a plus.
- Virtual and in-person event planning/management, including running Zoom meetings/webinars and coordinating on-site and pre-event logistics.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong sense of project ownership with the ability to think proactively, take initiative and see tasks through to completion with appropriate follow-up.
- Spirit of service and commitment to support the entrepreneurial ecosystem across the U.S. Passion for and/or curiosity of venture capital, commitment to our mission and community.
- Working knowledge of com, Slack, Zoom, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Education, you have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Venture Forward, we are committed to creating a work environment in which everyone on our team
is engaged and performing at high levels, and where differences in outlook, perspective, and
background are seen as adding value. We strive to attract, invest in, and develop the talents of people of
diverse backgrounds who reflect the society and community in which we live and do business. We
believe that enhanced business relationships, greater innovation, increased productivity, and better
decision making are among the benefits of the diverse and inclusive culture we seek to foster.