NVCA is committed to expanding opportunities for women and men of all backgrounds to thrive in the entrepreneurial ecosystem and has a long history of working to increase diversity through public policy, research, events and collaboration. As part of that commitment, we launched the NVCA Diversity Task Force to develop a clear and measurable path to increase opportunities for women and men of diverse backgrounds to thrive in venture capital and entrepreneurship.
Through forums, research and programming, the NVCA Diversity Task Force will examine the lack of diversity in the venture capital industry and develop meaningful solutions to support diverse groups of venture capitalists and entrepreneurs in order to build a stronger innovation ecosystem for the 21st Century. Working together, we can move toward building an innovation ecosystem that reflects the diversity of our nation and further propels us forward.
Members of NVCA’s Diversity Task Force include:
- Kate Mitchell (Co-Chair), Founder and General Partner at Scale Venture Partners
- Ashton Newhall (Co-Chair), Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Greenspring Associates
- Jon Callaghan, Founder and General Partner at True Ventures and Chairman of the NVCA Board of Directors
- Maria Cirino, Co-Founder and Managing Director at .406 Ventures
- Jeff Clavier, Founder and Managing Director at SoftTech VC
- Venky Ganesan, Managing Director at Menlo Ventures
- Jan Garfinkle, Founder and Managing Director at Arboretum Ventures
- Scott Kupor, Managing Partner at Andreessen Horowitz
- Ray Leach, CEO at JumpStart Inc.
- Terry McGuire, Co-Founder and General Partner at Polaris Partners
- Deepa Pakianathan, Managing Partner at Delphi Ventures
- Art Pappas, Managing Partner at Pappas Ventures
- Carmichael Roberts, General Partner at NOrth Bridge Venture Partners
- Scott Sandell, General Partner at New Enterprise Associates
- Sue Siegel, CEO of GE Ventures
- Alberto Yepez, Managing Director at Trident Capital