Maryam serves as Executive Director of Venture Forward, NVCA’s 501(c)(3) nonprofit supporting organization focused on shaping the future of venture capital.
Before transitioning to launch and lead Venture Forward, Maryam was the Senior Vice President of Industry Advancement at NVCA, where she led NVCA’s initiatives focused on advancing the venture industry – research and data, education, and diversity and inclusion, and incubated several Venture Forward initiatives. She developed and managed the PitchBook-NVCA partnership and the production of the quarterly PitchBook-NVCA Venture Monitor, as well as served as managing editor for the annual NVCA Yearbook. She spearheaded the creation and execution of several educational programs including VC University, LP Office Hours, and the Stanford/NVCA Venture Capital Symposium. She also co-created the VC Human Capital Survey in partnership with Deloitte.
Maryam is based in San Francisco and established NVCA’s West Coast office there in 2017 after joining the team in 2015 at NVCA’s Washington, D.C. headquarters.
Prior to joining NVCA, Maryam managed the research department at EMPEA, the global industry association for private capital in emerging markets, as Senior Director of Research. Before EMPEA, she was a Senior Research Analyst in the Private Equity & Venture Capital division of Dow Jones & Company.
Maryam is a graduate of Carnegie Mellon University.
CONTACT ME ABOUT:
- Venture Forward, including donating, sponsoring, or partnering on initiatives
- Diversity, equity & inclusion in VC
- Educational programs and opportunities
Fun Facts About Maryam
- Born Southerner: spent her first 18 years in Mississippi
- Football (i.e., soccer) fanatic: go Chelsea!
- Wanderlust: favorites so far have been Malta (pre-GoT), Rio de Janeiro (where she first met Bobby Franklin!), & walking the last 100km of the Camino de Santiago