High-level: Source and speak to the most exciting developer-focused tech start-ups across the globe.
Detail: Headline is hiring an investor who will be supporting our early and growth investment teams by sourcing and speaking to the most promising start-ups to help us determine their fit as an investment prospect for Headline. The individual we are looking for will specifically focus on developer tools and infrastructure software.
Time Requirement: Investor will manage own schedule in East, Central or Pacific time zones.
Tasks and Role Expectations:
- Speak to 25+ CEOs from exciting North American or European start-ups each week
- Synthesize notes and key takeaways from conversations with founders.
- Summarize most compelling opportunities and report these to team members focused on infrastructure
- Build a network in the start-up and venture capital ecosystem
- Create market research for Headline investment areas within infrastructure
- This role will present candidate with unique opportunity to build extensive tacit knowledge and domain expertise after talking with hundreds of founders building infrastructure software
- Naturally build a network with up-and-coming entrepreneurs in the US and EU
- Jumpstart a career in start-ups, tech, or venture capital
- Join an experienced team with a flat hierarchy
- Excellent conversation and people skills.
- Software developer skills or related degree (baseline understanding of developer / software infra tools)
- One-year practical experience in start-ups or tech.
Headline (fka e.ventures) is a global venture capital firm with dedicated funds and teams in the US, Europe, Asia, and South America. We’ve backed the Founders behind category creators such as Segment, Sonos, Angie’s List, NGINX, Groupon, AppAnnie, Axios, Acorns, Shipt, Scopely, Farfetch, Sorare, Honeycomb, and Grin, among others.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.