Location: San Francisco
Sapphire Ventures, LLC (“Sapphire”) is a leading global technology-focused venture capital firm with over $11 billion in AUM(1) and team members across Austin, London, Menlo Park and San Francisco. For over a decade, Sapphire has partnered with visionary management teams and venture funds to help scale companies of consequence. Sapphire is a technology-focused Venture Capital firm that focuses on helping growth-stage technology companies become category-defining leaders. The firm enjoys an open-door, collaborative culture – and spirited intellectual debate is encouraged!
Sapphire Partners – Fund Investments:
Sapphire Partners invests in early-stage venture capital funds. We back emerging and established fund managers with expertise in enterprise and consumer technologies who share our excitement for helping early-stage entrepreneurs become global category leaders. Today, we provide long-term capital to venture funds in the United States, Europe and Israel.
Learn more at www.sapphireventures.com/funds/sapphire-partners/
What You’ll Do:
The associate will be expected to primarily work on venture fund investment-related activities, such as participating in meetings with fund managers, conducting due diligence of potential investment opportunities, overseeing existing investments, analyzing fund returns, managing the deal pipeline and doing data analysis for research and internal projects. The associate will work with venture funds with a variety of investment interests, spanning multiple geographies and will gain experience working with all the investment professionals across the portfolio. Most of the associate’s work will be to support the firm’s fund investing activities; however, some portion of their work may be dedicated to supporting the firm’s operating activities. A portion of this person’s time may also be dedicated to firm-building activities, such as recruiting or supporting the firm’s marketing initiatives. The Associate program at Sapphire Ventures is expected to be a two-year program.
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-3 years relevant working experience, for example – a financial analysis position at a firm that makes fund investments, financial firm, venture capital firm, technology-focused corporate role.
- We expect incoming investment professionals to have significant experience working in Excel and creating and evaluating financial models.
- Prior experience with private fund placement documents, financial reports and PowerPoint is a plus.
- High degree of professional presence including clear communication, ownership of work output and timely, accurate and reliable deliverables.
- Experience interacting with and communicating with senior level management.
- Outstanding academic credentials.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team-oriented personality who can also work independently.
- Demonstrated interest in venture capital and the tech ecosystem.
Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles:
- Team Player – Experience with and passion for teamwork and cross-functional collaboration
- Dedicated to Winning – Having the guts to take on a new challenge and the risk to be successful
- Intellectual Curiosity – Exhibits an entrepreneurial and creative ethos and is continually compelled to learn and explore new ideas
- Authentic Relationships – Relationships are the key to driving our collective success. Superb at nurturing authentic, diverse, and congenial long-term relationships
- Excellence – Put your passion for early stage investing to work!
- Sapphire offers a competitive salary and bonus plan
- 100% paid Health/ Dental and Vision plans for employees and dependents
- 401(K) Plans/ Profit sharing
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving culture
- Various employee development and training opportunities to participate in
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States to apply
- Sapphire is committed to a firm policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants.
Every day our team is honored to work with early-stage GPs in the US, Europe and Israel, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our portfolio. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners who can bring their own perspectives and unique experiences to make us better. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch and tell us about yourself.
Please send resumes to: https://boards.greenhouse.io/sapphireventuresllc/jobs/4343624005
If your application looks like a great fit, we will be in touch.
Base salary range: $100,000 to $120,000
About Sapphire Ventures
Sapphire is a leading global technology-focused venture capital firm with over $11 billion in AUM(1) and team members across Austin, London, Menlo Park and San Francisco. For over a decade, Sapphire has partnered with visionary management teams and venture funds to help scale companies of consequence. Since its founding, Sapphire has invested in more than 170 companies(2) globally resulting in more than 30 IPOs and 45 acquisitions(3). The firm’s investment strategies — Sapphire Ventures, Sapphire Partners and Sapphire Sport — are focused on scaling companies and venture funds, elevating them to become category leaders. Sapphire’s Portfolio Growth team of experienced operators delivers a strategic blend of value-add services, tools and resources designed to support portfolio company leaders as they scale.
- “AUM” (Assets Under Management) represents Sapphire’s Regulatory Assets Under Management as of 12/31/2022 per ADV filed March 2023, as well as all regulatory assets under management acquired and new commitments made during calendar year 2023.
- “Figures represent all Sapphire direct growth investments made since the firm’s inception in January 2011 thru August 2023.
- Figures represent all Sapphire direct growth investments that have had an IPO or public listing from the firm’s inception in January 2011 thru August 2023. The specific companies identified may not be representative of all of Sapphire’s investments and no assumption should be made that the investments identified were or will be profitable. A complete alphabetical list of Sapphire’s investments made by its direct growth investing funds is available here.
For more information about Sapphire please visit www.sapphireventures.com