Revolution is seeking an energetic and talented professional with expertise in public relations, digital marketing, and design. This position is part of the communications team at Revolution, a Washington, D.C.-based venture capital firm investing in companies outside of the major coastal tech hubs. The firm is led by prominent industry leaders Steve Case, Ted Leonsis, Tige Savage, David Hall, Steve Murray, and David Golden.
This individual will report to the Vice President of Communications and manage day-to-day activities including digital strategy and execution, brand management, materials development (including, but not limited to decks, videos, newsletters, and graphics), and content strategy and execution. The Communications Manager will support Revolution’s early and later stage funds and the Rise of the Rest platform, a nationwide initiative to celebrate American entrepreneurship in cities across the country.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and update the firm’s website and blog. Design custom web pages for key marketing moments throughout the year.
- Lead email marketing strategy and create bi-monthly newsletters and special event communications.
- Oversee creation of design assets including social media graphics, original video content, event branding collateral, and physical signage. Ensuring consistency and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Oversee social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Driven by insights from analytical reports, develop and implement digital media campaigns to elevate the firm, its portfolio, and its investors.
- Provide strategic digital guidance to companies in the firm’s portfolio when appropriate.
- Execute real-time social media campaigns across multiple platforms during the Rise of the Rest tours.
- Assist with media relations by drafting briefing materials, researching media outlets, and developing press lists.
- Draft thought leadership content including blog posts on behalf of the firm and its investors.
- Monitor and track media coverage of Revolution and its portfolio companies. Send out daily media clips reports to key stakeholders.
- Two to three years of experience in social media, graphic design, and digital marketing; experience working in an agency setting a plus.
- Enthusiasm for experimenting with new communications technologies and leveraging social networking and other online community-related tools and content.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- A strong eye for branding and design.
- Proficiency in the following software/platforms: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro), WordPress, MailChimp, Google Ads, Google Analytics.
- Basic front-end coding skills/familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Time management and prioritization skills with ability to manage projects, at times in coordination with contractors and firms.
- Strong personal initiative, good judgment, and impeccable ethics; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in learning about entrepreneurship and the venture capital industry.
- A positive attitude is a must.
- BS/BA required.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revolution strives to be the premier investment firm outside of Silicon Valley. Through its family of funds – The Rise of the Rest Seed Fund, Revolution Ventures, and Revolution Growth – Revolution partners with founders at every stage of the entrepreneurial lifecycle. Founded in 2005, Revolution has offices in Washington, DC and San Francisco. www.revolution.com