Founded in 2017, Toyota Ventures is a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm that invests in early-stage startups around the world in frontier and climate technologies. Our mission is to discover what’s next for Toyota by helping startups bring ground-breaking technologies and business models to market quickly. With more than $500M under management, we’ve invested in over 40 companies, including Bipi, Blackmore, Carbice, Intuition Robotics, Joby Aviation, May Mobility, Revel, SLAMcore, and Ziva Dynamics.
Our firm is growing, and we are hiring a multitalented operations coordinator to help with a variety of projects, including content development, PR/marketing announcements, events coordination, and investor relations. Along with a bachelor’s degree and at least 2-3 years of relevant work experience, the operations coordinator position requires excellent communication skills, strong multitasking skills, and a demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely.
Our team values acting with integrity, being humble but bold, and keeping it weird. We’re also committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our team, portfolio, and the larger VC industry. If you’re passionate about emerging technologies and startups, and consider yourself a versatile teammate who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply for this newly created position. You’ll be reporting to the managing partner, and working closely with the director of marketing and events and other team members on various projects.
Please note that our team is remote for now, but this role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Draft copy and coordinate the layout for monthly newsletters, quarterly reports, and other materials
- Write blog posts and social media content to promote portfolio announcements and job opportunities
- Assist with planning for meetings and events
- Maintain events and media databases
- Help with tracking and reporting on fund-of-fund investments
- Collect and analyze data to prepare fund updates and presentations
- Support other operations/administrative projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a related operations, marketing/PR, or administrative role
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with ability to prioritize while contributing to multiple projects
- Proficiency with Google Suite, MS Office, Mailchimp (or a similar program), Slack, Twitter, LinkedIn, and familiarity with CRM and project management tools
- Self-starter who works well independently, and also enjoys collaborating with others within and outside the organization
- Previous experience working in VC or with startups a plus
If interested in applying for this position, please visit here.