Top Tier Capital Partners (“TTCP” or the “Company”), an asset management firm specializing in venture capital investments, is seeking a Vice President of Capital & Partner Solutions (“CPS”) in its San Francisco office. The Vice President will lead Top Tier’s marketing and production efforts, e.g. fund marketing documents, AGM/webinar materials, data-room management, conference-related materials, inbound investor requests, social media efforts, website updates, et al. The position will on occasion contribute to the Investor Services team within Capital & Partners Solutions and work closely Top Tier’s Investment Team and Operations Team including Legal & Compliance.
The Vice President, Marketing will perform a broad range of duties including leading all marketing documentation and production efforts for TTCP’s various offerings, creating new and compelling content across all documents, working closely with the Legal & Compliance team, spearheading new and existing data room population for TTCP’s various offerings, and recruiting fellow team members as budgets and business permits. The Vice President must possess an understanding of the global venture capital landscape.
This position will report to the Director, Capital & Partner Solutions. The Vice President, Marketing will be actively involved in various Go-To-Market launch strategies for all of the firm’s various offerings, as well have responsibility for marketing-related activities, e.g. RFP / DDQ / investor requests, marketing materials, and quarterly update calls.
Top Tier Capital Partners is an investment manager with families of funds focused on primary commitments to venture funds, LP and direct secondaries, co-investments and direct investments. For over two decades Top Tier and its predecessor firm have made 160+ global investments backing top investors and innovators.
The Managing Director group at Top Tier presently consists of 5 Managing Directors. The Managing Directors oversee the various management activities of the firm including investing, fundraising and operations. There are three teams that coordinate the activities of the firm – Operations, Investments and Capital & Partner Solutions.
The Vice President, Marketing will be aligned with the Capital & Partner Solutions team. The CPS team oversees all fundraising activities for TTCP, marketing and production efforts, providing investor services, building strategic initiatives, leading various online and in-person investor meetings / initiatives and managing TTCP social media presence. The CPS team currently consists of 1 Director, 1 Principal, 1 Vice President, 1 Manager, and 1 Executive Assistant.
Essential Goals of the Position:
- Lead the development of TTCP offering materials including pitches, PPMs, DDQs, press releases, social media presence, and responses to inbound investor requests
- Develop a working knowledge of all TTCP products and their respective portfolios
- Build upon knowledge of the venture capital asset class so as to build updated, compelling content within the marketing materials
- As appointed or as invited, participate in governance activities of the firm including, but not limited to: leadership assistance of CPS team; assumption of leadership responsibilities associated with various roles of TTCP
- Lead in the development of the firm’s and team’s culture in the San Francisco office
- Assist with training and mentoring junior staff especially within the CPS team and TTCP’s San Francisco office.
The technical skills necessary for the individual to be successful in the role are:
- Having significant experience creating, editing, building upon marketing materials as well as managing virtual data rooms
- Deep understanding of alternatives and private markets asset classes with particular areas of focus and experience in venture capital
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as project management and team coordination experience
- Modeling/Excel, PowerPoint and Word experience with high attention to detail
- An understanding of CRM’s and prior work within Salesforce or Dealcloud is additive
The behaviors, skills, and values necessary for the individual to be successful in the role are:
- Demonstrating a commitment to teamwork and transparent communication
- Having a strong work ethic and being intrinsically motivated to meet objectives
- Being highly organized and effective at workload planning and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities all with varying timelines
- Demonstrating confidence and security in ones’ abilities, work product, and opinions
The behaviors, skills, and values necessary for the individual to be successful within TTCP are:
- Being honest and principled with absolute integrity
- Being an effective communicator
- Holding oneself accountable
- Being focused on solutions not problems
- Demonstrating creativity and problem-solving skills
- Being friendly and open; exhibiting a spirit of camaraderie
- All employees are expected to support the Company in the successful completion of annual firm goals and objectives and in the execution of the Company’s Mission and Vision Statements
- All employees are expected to work with managers to develop and successfully complete annual individual goals and objectives and to be committed to ongoing professional development
- All employees are expected to adhere to Company policies and procedures and to participate in the firm’s regulatory compliance program at a level appropriate to their positions
Other Position Requirements:
- 8+ years of relevant marketing experience and venture capital exposure and applicable undergraduate college degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MBA, CFA, CAIA a plus
- Background and interest in venture capital and private equity
- Ability to work beyond the Company’s normal 8:00am to 5:00pm, including weekends.
- Ability to successfully integrate and successfully integrate into the firm and the Capital & Partner Solutions Team, and build collaborative relationships with employee across the firm.
Qualified applicants will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the EEOC and the SF Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.