Legacy Venture is a mission-driven venture capital fund of funds, selecting the very best technology venture capital investment firms for our investors. We invest in VCs who invest in tech startups. Since our founding 23 years ago, with ten funds invested, we have consistently outperformed the venture capital benchmarks. In addition to these strong financial results, Legacy is unique because our investors send all returns from Legacy to charitable causes. They’ve given away over $2 billion in Legacy Venture grants to global philanthropic organizations to help make the world a better place.
Summary of the position:
We are looking for the next star member of Legacy’s investment team to help us continue delivering industry-leading financial returns. You will gain unique experience and perspective to build a successful career as an LP in the technology and venture capital industries.
We are a close-knit team, and you will have multiple roles across all of our investment work. You will play a leading role in the due diligence of potential venture fund investments, portfolio monitoring, planning & analysis, and research. You’ll need to bring an exemplary work ethic and be a self-motivated professional committed to excellence. Ready to help us change the world?
- Help us make great investments – Meet with venture fund managers, perform and review manager due diligence, and shape our portfolio construction. You play an essential role in leading due diligence, portfolio planning & analysis, as well as participating and presenting in all IC meetings. You will work closely with everyone on the investment team and constantly collaborate with the broader Legacy team.
- Drive us to up our game – Mine insights from our existing and new sources of data, initiate strategic research projects, and explore emerging trends & themes in the venture industry. You play a crucial role in bringing the investment team to the next level.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of work experience required; ideally, you would have worked in the technology and venture capital industries.
- Outstanding analytical skills; strong in both qualitative research and quantitative analysis.
- Proactive and self-motivated; can manage a high volume of work with a detail-oriented lens and pride in a job well done.
- Track record of collaborating well with others to complete high-leverage projects through effective communication, prioritization, and project management.
- Stimulated by new people and businesses, curious, and learn from most interactions; strong interest in startups and the technology industry.
- Motivated by our mission; have a mindset of team-first and no entitlement; a positive attitude and high regard for personal integrity, responsibility, and accountability.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with a willingness to continually improve.
- Excellent computer skills – strong knowledge of Excel, including advanced functions; eager to learn and use new tools to improve effectiveness and efficiency, such as Tableau, Airtable, etc.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.