At High Alpha, we partner with exceptional founders to conceive, launch, and scale next-generation B2B SaaS companies through the application of business strategy, world-class design, and product development. We design new businesses from the ground up by providing the critical research, infrastructure, talent, and resources that companies need to innovate and scale quickly.
High Alpha is looking for a Controller to build and own the High Alpha accounting functions. You’ll be part of the team that works with High Alpha leadership to manage the company’s financial resources so we can create, launch and scale next-generation enterprise cloud companies.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage monthly financial close and general accounting activities for the High Alpha operating company
- Manage relationships with external auditors and tax advisors ensuring timely and accurate completion of deliverables
- Partner with external Fund CFO to ensure accurate fund financials and oversee fund administration activities including capital calls, investments, and distributions
- Monitor compliance with complex partnership agreements
- Provide support for the budgeting and planning process; work with team on monthly forecast against budget including cash flow projections
- Provide leadership regarding all technical accounting questions and updates
- Maintain and manage equity including calculation & execution of distributions
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage & lead financial risk management
What We’re Looking For:
- You’re organized and demonstrate a high attention to detail and accuracy
- You’re a self-starter who can put ideas into action
- You love working with numbers and helping people
- You have the ability to quickly shift from high-level strategic thinking to tactical execution
- 10+ years in public accounting, corporate accounting or finance, or similar experience
- Excellent quantitative skills with strong experience in spreadsheet software and familiarity with Quickbooks
- Ability to embrace ambiguity, uncertainty, and changing business landscapes
- CPA and private equity experience preferred
- Uncompromising integrity
What We Value:
We constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities hiding in plain sight.
We push ourselves and portfolio companies to build processes and systems that compress time, speed, and decision-making to produce results faster.
We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, training, and mentorship required to win.
High Alpha is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.