At One Ventures is a Silicon Valley-based VC firm started in 2019 by one of the founding team members of GoogleX. Operating out of our first fund, we invest in early-stage disruptive deep tech that can reset existing industries toward a world where humanity is a net positive to nature.
As we’re growing and raising a second fund, we’re looking to bring on a VP of Community and Network Development to provide our portfolio companies with access to strong technical talents and build a network of advisors for our fund.
We care deeply about diversifying the venture capital industry and, as such, are prioritizing candidates from backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented within the venture ecosystem.
- Develop and operationalize relationships with top universities, research organizations,
professional societies, accelerators, national labs, climate groups, etc to build a strong network of world-class technical talent for our portfolio companies.
- Establish strategies with portfolio companies on organizational design to support high-quality team build-out: including drafting job descriptions, designing compensation guidelines, and supporting the CEOs with candidate interviews and hiring decisions.
- Connect portfolio companies to our talent network as well as industry-specific recruitment agencies and negotiate group or preferential rates from agencies.
- Build a network of industry experts and entrepreneurs for our firm’s advisor network and EIR (Entrepreneur-in-Residence) program.
- Lead the full spectrum of activities related to sourcing, recruiting, and onboarding new At One team members.
- 7+ years experience building a strong network with top technical universities, research institutes, and other relevant climate organizations. You have previously worked in a role where you regularly engaged with technical talent.
- An interest in placing best-in-class diverse candidates and helping early-stage founders build inclusive teams.
- A deep passion for the planet. We are a mission-driven firm focused on helping humanity be net-positive to nature. While having an extensive background in climate tech is not required for this role, you likely will not enjoy it very much if you do not care about solving the climate crisis.
- Strong network of relationships with recruitment agencies and industry-specific bodies that can be leveraged for sourcing quality candidates, preferably in the US and Europe.
- Fluency in English required.
Able to work in the United States with US work authorization. Some light travel may be required.
To apply, please answer the questions here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.