The Vice President, Marketing and Communications, will oversee B Capital Group’s Marketing and Communications strategy and manage a global team. (S)he will direct and manage integrated marketing programs that highlight B Capital Group’s differentiated value proposition, global presence, and unique approach to investing, further establishing B Capital Group as a leader and visionary in the industry. This role has broad responsibilities, including:
- Strategy and content development
- Messaging and positioning work, and
- Execution of social media, events, and digital marketing programs
Throughout these efforts, the right candidate can produce valuable, measurable and repeatable marketing experiences that meet the needs of the firm’s global teams. This includes leading the planning and execution of global and region-specific strategies, planning monthly hosted events (primarily virtual), producing content such as thought leadership pieces to playbooks, managing our media relations and external conference strategy, providing counsel to senior- and partner-level stakeholders, prepping spokespeople, and managing agency and vendor relationships. The right candidate has excellent leadership and management skills, a track record of excellence in directing and growing brand presence, and is an excellent communicator with internal and external stakeholders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work alongside the investment and platform teams to grow B Capital Group’ profile among key audiences, including founders and entrepreneurs, venture capital firms, G2000 corporations and other influencers.
- Develop and execute B Capital Group’ multi-channel marketing programs across: content development, public relations, digital and email marketing, podcasts, speaking and events, and social media.
- Direct and manage the firm’s global brand, ensuring consistency of strategy, messaging and brand positioning across regions.
- Partner with peers, stakeholders and partners on events, research and other marketing assets to extend brand reach.
- Manage external agency and vendor relationships.
- Define and track marketing’s impact on B Capital Group’s business, and target audiences, including relevant dashboards and key performance metrics.
- Lead the global marketing and communications team of 3-5 people, located in offices across the US and Asia.
- Manage the global marketing budget including conference sponsorships, subscriptions, and brand promotion.
- Support planning of internal events and retreats.
- Minimum 12-15 years’ professional experience. Experience in communications or marketing at a venture capital / private equity firm OR start-up technology company is required; experience working in both is a plus.
- Proven experience developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns and programs, growing brand awareness, managing teams, and achieving measurable results.
- Demonstrated experience managing PR, media relations, events, digital marketing and social media activations.
- Hands-on self-starter who can lead and execute multiple initiatives independently.
- Proven team and project management skills enabling you to balance multiple deadlines to deliver campaign objectives.
- Experience working with senior- and executive-level stakeholders and spokespeople.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality written content across a variety of formats (print, web media, presentations).
- Familiarity with technology verticals where B Capital invests such as enterprise technology, financial technology, digital health, and e-commerce.
- Enthusiastic about reaching and engaging new audiences and telling great stories.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Some travel required.
ABOUT B CAPITAL:
B Capital Group is a global firm specializing in multi-stage investing in B2B and B2B2C companies that are transforming large traditional industries across borders and geographies. Leveraging a global team of seasoned investor-experts and an exclusive partnership with The Boston Consulting Group, B Capital Group helps startups navigate business challenges, raise capital, and attract talented leadership at key points of their journeys to scale. We invest in Enterprise technology (e.g. consumer enablement technologies, enterprise application software, infrastructure, security, AI/ML), Fintech and Insurtech, Industrial and Transportation, and HealthcareTech and Bio IT. Our portfolio includes global, high-potential and market-leading companies like Atomwise, Bounce, Centivo, Evidation Health, Icertis, Innovacer, Khatabook, Kopi Kenangan, Ninja Van, Notable Labs, Payfazz, SilverCloud Health, Synack, Ula, and YaloChat. For more information, visit http://www.bcapgroup.com/.
B CAPITAL GROUP CORE VALUES:
- Honest – We speak the truth to others and ourselves, but always with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, we are intellectually honest, and we are not afraid to say what we know and what we don’t.
- Open – We are constantly evolving, and always looking for ways to better ourselves and our communications, to increase transparency, and improve as a team.
- Trustworthy – Our people and the culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other.
- Humble – As we advance, we stay humble and never declare victory, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. When we operate with low ego, we are open to new perspectives, allowing us to earn and improve.
- Collaborative – We are one team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and we work to lift each other up, knowing that we are better together. We bring the best of our firm to every interaction, leveraging our partners. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- Bold – We are bold and willing to take risks and understand that means that we will at times fail. We learn from our failures, we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- Persistent – To build enduring success, the long-term must prevail over the short-term. Sometimes winning in the long-term looks like losing in the short-term. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that our race is a marathon, not a sprint.
For those interested in the position, please submit your Cover Letter and CV to the B Capital careers website at https://grnh.se/580279a73us
B Capital Global US LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.