Clocktower Technology Ventures (CTV), a technology investing arm within Clocktower Group, is a financial services innovation venture capital practice based in Santa Monica, CA. We partner with phenomenal entrepreneurs who have the vision and drive to reinvent financial services.
CTV is seeking an Investment Analyst to join our Santa Monica office. We are a team committed to building an elite fintech venture capital organization—and this position is a central part of our investment team. This is a role with significant day one responsibility and requires an organized, entrepreneurial mind who wants to be challenged and stretched. If you are passionate about technology, a geek for financial services, and take pride in delivering excellence, we want you to join us.
What you’ll do:
Sourcing. You will be our boots on the ground in Los Angeles and the broader fintech scene. You will carry our flag at every tech event you attend, and you will build relationships with startups and other investors along the way. You are a natural networker— you like meeting new people and you yourself are also quite likeable.
Tracking. You support the investment team in managing the investment pipeline through the systematic and deliberate tracking of companies and the wider fintech ecosystem. You’ll use our tech to track deal flow, making sure we don’t miss the next great investment.
Analysis. From start to finish, you will be assisting in the process of evaluating potential transactions. You are a junkie for the next new idea and light up when listening to entrepreneurs share theirs. You look forward to building the detailed financial model of how one of our potential investments will actually make money. You are excited to crack the market sizing assumptions provided by entrepreneurs and unpack their assumptions. You are just cynical enough to recognize when a CEO hasn’t really figured it out, and confident enough to place a bet when you’re sure they have.
- 1-3 years’ work experience from an investment bank, management consulting firm, VC/PE firm, fintech startup or something else so great we can’t easily envision
- You are an organizational wizard who makes everyone around you better – a lot
- You are relentlessly attentive to detail and display an unquestioned work
- Some domain knowledge of the financial services industry, but more importantly you have a genuine passion for both technology and financial
- You can run fast and make things happen — you can be super-productive in a highly independent
- You’re a creative, speculative thinker who can envision how markets and industries might
- You maintain a commitment to honesty and holding yourself accountable to the highest
- This role must be onsite 3 days per week in our Santa Monica
- We currently require that all personnel and visitors to our office are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Given that many of the essential functions of this role must be performed on-site, this role requires full COVID-19 vaccination (subject to any exemptions or accommodations due to medical or religious reasons).
What you’ll get:
- All the resources you’ll need to learn and grow
- Joining an elite team that works with some of the most sophisticated investors and entrepreneurs in the world
- World-class benefits
- Delicious, healthy lunches and snacks
- Fully paid, top-tier medical coverage and corporate wellness program
- Beautiful office space with amazing ocean views
Clocktower Group is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘Investment Analyst candidate – Your Name’.