Venture Capital Analyst – Moneta Ventures
Moneta Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm focused on backing leading enterprise technology companies. We are high conviction investors and lead or co-lead transactions from the Seed through Series B stages. Our firm was founded by a team of serial entrepreneurs who have a history of scaling and successfully exiting technology companies. We leverage this expertise to work closely with our portfolio companies across: business development, marketing, finance and strategy. Moneta Ventures prides itself on its culture and we have a reputation for being a founder friendly investor.
Moneta Ventures is hiring a full-time Analyst to join our growing investment team. The role will be based in Austin, TX. As an Analyst you will be instrumental in growing Moneta Ventures’ presence within the Texas ecosystem. You will be a key member of our investment team and will be counted on to provide insights, feedback, and recommendations to the partnership on investment decisions.
- Be a “full-stack” member of Moneta’s investment team, playing an active role across all elements of the deal sourcing, investment, and portfolio management process.
- Work with the partnership to source proprietary investment opportunities across industry verticals, primarily in the Austin and broader Texas technology ecosystem.
- Analyze potential investment opportunities through market research, competitive analysis, financial modeling, and general due diligence.
- Synthesize key information on and present new investment opportunities to the partnership with clarity and conviction.
- Lead the creation of investment memos and draft related materials for presentation to the investment committee.
- Support portfolio companies post investment across business development, marketing, finance, fundraising, and corporate strategy initiatives.
- Represent Moneta Ventures within the Austin/Texas technology ecosystem and develop relationships within the venture community.
- Assist with firm-wide operational tasks such as portfolio company valuation, fundraising/LP communications, annual fund audit, and portfolio management initiatives.
- Undergraduate or Graduate (not required) degree in science, engineering, business, or related field & 1-3 years of relevant work experience preferably within venture capital, strategy consulting, private equity or similar technology related role (product management, business development, corporate development, etc.).
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field with a demonstrated track record of academic excellence and relevant internships/work experience.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, high proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Track record of leadership, resilience, and a self-starter attitude
- Ability to direct your own work/tasks
- A true team player that will work hard to bring success to the entire team
- Deep knowledge and interest in the technology and venture capital ecosystems
- Willing to live in the Austin area
- Ability to train in the Sacramento area and travel occasionally as needed (<10% of the time)
Nice to have:
- Strong network within the Austin technology ecosystem
- Direct Venture Capital investment experience with a demonstrated investment track record
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.