Founded in 2017, Toyota Ventures is a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm that invests in early-stage startups around the world in frontier and climate technologies. Our mission is to discover what’s next for Toyota by helping startups bring ground-breaking technologies and business models to market quickly. With more than $500M under management, we’ve invested in over 40 companies, including Bipi, Blackmore, Carbice, Intuition Robotics, Joby Aviation, May Mobility, Revel, SLAMcore, and Ziva Dynamics.
Our firm is growing and we are hiring an analyst for the Toyota Ventures Climate Fund to help source and screen innovative companies. Along with a bachelor’s degree and two years or more of relevant work experience, the analyst role requires excellent communication and research skills and an understanding of industry trends.
Our team values acting with integrity, being humble but bold, and keeping it weird. We’re also committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our team, portfolio, and the larger VC industry. Whether you’re a recent(ish) grad looking to cut your teeth in the VC field, or someone with a bit more experience under your belt, if you enjoy teamwork and are looking to make an impact, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that we are working remotely for now, but this role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Network and take part in industry and VC events, organizations
- Analyze the latest industry trends
- Source and screen potential target companies
- Participate in due diligence, market analyses, and industry deep dives
- 2+ years of experience in related position
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Entrepreneurial and well-networked
- Experience in venture capital, private equity or other investment firm a plus
- Analytical proficiency in Google Docs or Excel
- Strong communications and research skills
- Passionate about climate technology space
- Team player
If interested in applying for this position, please visit here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.