Techstars is looking for an ambitious, flexible, technical, accounting professional to jump in and get their hands dirty. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a fast-growing global organization, make an immediate impact, and if successful have advancement opportunity as we grow. The Senior Accountant must thrive under tight deadlines, while continually considering ways to process improve. This position will report to the Technical and International Accounting Manager.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with monthly management reporting packages, including fluctuation analysis
- Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Income Statement consolidations
- Responsible for more complex accounting activities associated with maintaining the general ledger and account reconciliations
- Prepare consolidations including both investing and operating entities (for internal management reporting and external audit)
- Support implementing new consolidation accounting system and other systems as needed
- Build and automate reports, as needed
- Ownership of aspects of the external audit
- Implementation and maintenance of accounting guidelines/policies to maintain US GAAP and statutory compliance: Consolidations, Revenue Recognition, Capitalization, Lease accounting
- Cross-department collaboration including working with legal, tax, operations, etc
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP across all financial statements and footnotes by establishing, documenting and enforcing accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Review contracts to document accounting treatment related to revenue recognition and sales commission contract assets (ASC 606)
- Assist in determining accounting conclusions related to leases (ASC 842), unique business arrangements and other areas, as needed
- Work with fund/investments accounting team to achieve reporting deadlines, obtain investment reconciliations, and account for equity method investments
- Assess new legal entities for proper accounting in accordance with the VIE and consolidation guidance
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Techstars, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job applicant must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- 3+ years relevant work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CPA preferred
- Mix of audit and industry experience preferred
- Firm knowledge of US GAAP and operational accounting application
- Technical accounting research and experience preparing accounting memos and disclosures
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects timely & accurately
- Detail oriented while also being able to see the big picture
- Excellent Communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work well with others in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Promotes the efforts of the Accounting department and strives for continuous improvements
- Is positive, supportive, energetic, and motivated. Leads by example.
For more information about this position, click here.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs help founders do more faster and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands supercharge growth by accelerating innovation and cultural transformation. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,900 companies with a market cap of $22 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.