We are hiring for an Sr. Analyst/Associate with several things in mind:
- We are looking for someone with a minimum of 1 year of VC investing experience and up to 3 years in a related experience. A passion for entrepreneurship and technology is a must.
- You are radically proactive: you don’t wait for instructions, you assess the situation and you move in the direction you think makes sense to achieve the goal. Yet, you over communicate with your team to make sure you are on the right path.
- You are a self-identified “tech geek” who loves digging into new technology, learning about the latest trends, and gets excited about the future possibilities driven by technology.
- You have a profound respect for founders: You read some of the Classics books like “Founders at Work”.
- You are a natural networker and never miss an opportunity to make new connections. You are tied to your local entrepreneurship community or are eager to get involved.
- You are analytical and love to dig into the data and have basic financial acumen.
- You are aiming for excellence. You communicate well and you are a detail-oriented person.
What you will do:
- Perform market research to identify new investment trends and opportunities.
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities.
- Documentation: summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM.
- Support Investment Director and Partner in performing due diligence on prospective companies. That may include:
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts.
- Research and talk to existing references/ customers of the target
- Research potential competitors to the target company.
- Support research for Valuation Analysis
- Help prepare internal investment memos.
- Support in LP Reporting and communication with investors.
- Network with peers in other Venture Capital Firms.
- Support Investment Director and Partner in their day-to-day.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering) with a strong academic record.
- Minimum of 1 year of VC investing experience is a must which includes evaluating technology companies for investment.
- Ability to understand the founders’ journey and the challenges they face in different stages.
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills particularly with proficiency in PowerPoint/Slides design..
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions.
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively, especially in a remote/hybrid environment.
- Willingness to be flexible.
- Ability to learn fast.
- Proficiency in English. Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not required.
What else you should bring:
- You seek to be the best version of yourself
- You are energetic and are relentless
- You are humble and have high ethical standards
- You are a team player
- You are extremely curious and have an insatiable thirst for knowledge
- You enjoy being outside of your comfort zone and love trying new things
- You are a detail-oriented person
- You can thrive in an ambiguous and/or chaotic environment
- You are unafraid to ask the hard questions and speak your mind
- You are a master of multi-tasking and execute effectively at the same time
- You are a good communicator, you prioritize conversations
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus of 25% base salary based on performance
- 24 paid vacation days a year
- Daily lunch stipend
- Private health & life insurance
If interested, please apply here.