Glynn Capital is focused on investments in leading private and public technology growth companies. We seek to be long-term investors in a limited number of excellent companies with world-class management teams, attractive business models, and long-term growth potential. More about our firm can be found at glynncapital.com.
Background: As a member of the Glynn Capital finance team, the Senior Finance Associate will be responsible for fund accounting preparation, assist with audit, tax reporting and portfolio related ad-hoc requests. This role is based in Menlo Park, California, and will collaborate closely with the VP of Finance and Senior Finance Manager.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting, including preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP for venture and hedge funds
- Allocate income to partners in accordance with terms of partnership agreements
- Assist in the analysis of fund activity, valuations, and performance
- Assist with ensuring client requests and investor reporting are prepared and completed appropriately
- Prepare capital call and distribution calculations
- Prepare schedules for auditors and tax providers
- Work with ProSystem fx Tax to assist in preparation of tax return
- Assist in management company functions, including reviewing payables and expense reports
- Assist in compliance filings (13F, 13G, 13H, ADV, Form PF, FCA)
- Provide support for quarterly compliance testing
- BA/BS degree
- 4-5 years of relevant accounting experience (can include: investment, venture capital, corporation, or private equity experience in public accounting and/or private industry)
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated
- Strong analytical skills, resourceful at solving problems
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, team player, proactive; able to prioritize tasks well and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to multitask and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Passed CPA exam
- Audit/valuation experience
- Experience with partnership allocation and capital accounts
- Work experience using Investran, Advent Suite, ProSystem
- Generous medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) plan
- Cell phone and plan provided
- Free gym and locker rooms available in office complex
Glynn Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical or mental gender (including gender identity, gender expression and/or transgender status), physical or mental disability, medical condition, HIV status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, marital or registered domestic partner status, military or veteran status (including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services), genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law or regulation. In accordance with the California Fair Chance Act and other applicable laws, the Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.