Anzu Partners is an investment firm that focuses on industrial and life science technology companies with the potential to transform their industries. We team with entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize technological innovations by providing capital and deep expertise in business development, market positioning, global connectivity, and operations.
Anzu manages ~$400 million in capital commitments and we have developed a robust team of investment professionals, technical specialists, and operational support to drive results for our 25+ portfolio companies. In 2016, we launched Anzu Industrial Capital Partners, our first venture equity fund, to invest in North American-based private industrial technology companies with approximately $128M in committed capital. In 2019, we launched our second industrial and life science technology fund, Anzu Industrial Capital Partners II, with $190M in committed capital and an expanded set of institutional investors. In early 2020, we launched our growth capital fund, Anzu RBI Preferred Mezzanine and became a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
In March of 2021 Anzu raised over $400M in an Initial Public Offering of a SPAC, and we are now targeting companies that make transformative technologies with industrial applications. In addition, Anzu manages many special purpose vehicles (SPVs) for various investments.
While Anzu Partners focuses primarily on the United States and Canada, we have invested in companies with substantial operations in Singapore and Australia. Our portfolio includes companies that have achieved breakthroughs in the physical sciences, such as developing the first high-powered blue-wavelength laser for no-spatter welds, and the life sciences, such as receiving the first FDA approval for a blood test for concussion. Our companies deliver strong returns for our investors, whether through public listing via IPO or acquisition by larger industrial players such as Siemens, and drive discoveries that improve our world.
Anzu Partners has offices in Boston, MA, San Diego, CA, Washington, DC and Tampa, FL.
About the role
Anzu is recruiting for a full-time Senior Associate, Strategic Communications to support both the firm and its portfolio companies. This individual will join Anzu’s Marketing and Communications business services team and bring PR and communications expertise to support its portfolio of start-up companies through their next phase of growth. This role provides an opportunity to work across a variety of world changing technologies and industries and to join the firm during a period of rapid growth.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting Anzu’s portfolio companies with public relations, strategic communications, and brand awareness initiatives that drive business results. Your charter will be to raise Anzu’s profile and increase its portfolio companies’ public presence in the life sciences and industrial sectors.
Public Relations and Media Relations
- Work with key stakeholders at Anzu and portfolio companies to develop point of views and pitches that will resonate with media and other external audiences.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media and analysts – evidenced by quality coverage at top/business news outlets and ongoing momentum across relevant trade publications.
- Effectively collaborate with public relations firms and portfolio company executive team.
- Bring storytelling and messaging expertise to deliver exceptional content in many forms, including press releases, by-lined articles, and campaign copy.
- Organize and facilitate speaking opportunities, media events, and interviews with company spokespeople, supported with messaging documents and briefs.
- Develop campaign concepts and communication strategies that drive both company awareness and achieve business objectives.
- Support MarCom team and portfolio company executives to develop subject matter expert profiles and execute thought leadership campaigns.
- Drive maximum impact with a communication strategy that leverages the full suite of communication channels.
- Continually improve performance of programs with defined KPIs, thoughtful analysis, and data-driven approach.
- Work across teams, including company leadership, engineers, and marketing teams to ensure initiatives meet desired goals, and are delivered on time.
- 5-7 years of experience with a solid track record managing PR, media relations and strategic communications programs (preferably includes managing multiple clients in an agency setting)
- Preference given to candidates with deep experience in and understanding of life sciences and/or industrial technology sectors, either through academic or professional work
- Excellent press release writing skills with a passion for story integrity
- Must have hands-on experience pitching and amplifying content across channels, including social
- Experience reporting on performance of communications initiatives and familiarity with the relevant tools required including media monitoring platform MuckRack (or similar)
- Ability to work effectively both on teams as well as be self-motivated and results-driven
- Strong communication skills and business acumen
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.