POSTITON: Programming & Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PREPARED DATE: 6/24/2021
The National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) unites the U.S. venture ecosystem to support the formation of high-growth companies and ensure the U.S. remains the most competitive environment in the world for entrepreneurs. NVCA is a nonprofit association powered by a diverse group of member firms. We convene venture capital investors, entrepreneurs, and industry partners to shape public policy priorities, to develop new industry initiatives, to provide premier research, and to participate in professional development opportunities with their peers.
The Programming and Operations Manager is responsible for managing various needs, priorities, and programming pertaining to NVCA’s membership. This logistical and administrative role assists the various NVCA departments with all aspects of member relations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of various NVCA programming and member engagement. This team member will have experience using online platforms and systems, including Salesforce, Zoom, and Microsoft Office to help the association meaningfully engage with its diverse members, inform policy priorities, and develop member programming while boosting member retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
(OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Assist Development team with the creation and execution of both virtual and in person NVCA programming.
- Manage various NVCA member relations requests. Serve as point of contact for NVCA’s primary communication channels by responding to inquiries and requests to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org inboxes.
- Assist Director of Programming and Industry Relations in securing and maintaining sponsorships.
- Oversee and manage the CPE crediting process for the Association. Ensuring all NASBA requirements are followed in ordered to issue CPE credits for various NVCA programming.
- Serve as technical and logistical lead for various NVCA virtual programming.
- Manage outreach, organization, recruitment, and content for various NVCA peer groups.
- Assist Development team with annual NVCA membership renewal process.
- Aid Development team in developing effective recruitment strategies to grow membership.
- Assist Director of Administration with the Association’s accounting and finance duties.
- Provide interdepartmental support on a variety of initiatives: data collection and outreach, recruitment, and engagement of new members for the Association, and management of NVCA databases.
- Assist full NVCA team with technical support to track, organize, and leverage member contact lists to drive program objectives and boost member engagement.
- Assist President and Director of Administration on various tasks as needed.
- Work with Communications team to refine messaging strategy (i.e., relevant information is reaching the right people)
A detailed-oriented, enthusiastic team player with experience in member relations, project management, and familiarity of online platforms (e.g., Salesforce admin, Zoom). Strong communicator and multi-tasker with exceptional organizational skills and a strong work ethic.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Project Management – Is a self-starter and prioritizes needs in a timely and efficient manner. Ability to think proactively, take initiative and see tasks through to completion with appropriate follow-up.
- Customer Service – Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments and deadlines.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality. Strong and clear communication skills. Awareness of NVCA’s membership needs and sensitivities.
- Intellectual curiosity and project management leadership with a desire to dive into new areas of programming and events. A creative, collaborative workstyle with the ability and confidence to work independently as well as in teams.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple constituencies and meet deadlines; ability to establish efficient processes and workflows.
- Proficiency in Zoom, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word. Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
Excellent written (including proofreading and editing) and oral communication skills, including ability to establish and implement systems to ensure the successful completion of projects and to effectively manage files and information recording systems. Ability to
develop productive relationships both internally and externally. Ability to think proactively, take initiative and see tasks through to completion with appropriate follow-up.
Demonstrated proficiency in computer technology including applications for data management and electronic calendars (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent office experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and use of motor skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. This position may require flexible hours and ability for limited travel.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary is commensurate with experience and includes a health benefits package, generous paid vacation, annual performance-based bonus, public transportation reimbursement and use of wireless equipment & service.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
NVCA is committed to creating a work environment in which everyone on our team is engaged and performing at high levels, and where differences in outlook, perspective, and background are seen as adding value. We strive to attract, invest in, and develop the talents of people of diverse backgrounds who reflect the society and community in which we live and do business. We believe that enhanced business relationships, greater innovation, increased productivity, and better decision-making result from the diverse and inclusive culture we seek to foster.
Application Process: Please submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com.