Portfolio Operations Manager
Scrum Ventures is an early-stage venture firm based in San Francisco. With entrepreneurial expertise and a strong network in Japan, we actively support portfolio global growth and success. Through our Scrum Studios platform, we connect global corporations with startups to partner in innovation.
We are growing and looking for a Portfolio Operations Manager to support the investment team and our portfolio companies.
- Manage the support activities and operations of Scrum Ventures’ US portfolio companies
- Be the point of contact for Scrum portfolio companies and support operations
- Ideate, create, and build a support platform for portfolio companies
- Lead efforts to provide services to portfolio companies including but not limited to recruiting, M&A, BD, Sales, and coaching
- Manage communications with and between portfolio companies
- Organize portfolio support content and educational activities
- Portfolio company tracking and analysis
- Lead follow on funding diligence and processes
- Lead valuation and reporting functions
- Build and maintain a network of corporate partners, industry experts, functional experts, and other key individuals for supporting Scrum portfolio companies
- Identify tools and processes to best manage and optimize support of portfolio companies
- Be involved in startups or entrepreneurship for the last 5 years either as an investor, operator, or founder
- Knowledge and experience of how to scale growth for startups
- VC and portfolio management experience a plus
- Experience in a growth role at a large tech company will also be considered – revenue growth, operations, product lead, etc.
- Well networked in the US
- Can build platforms and structured organizations for scale
About Scrum Ventures
Scrum Ventures is an early-stage venture firm based in San Francisco with a growing Tokyo office. With entrepreneurial expertise and a strong network in Japan, we actively support portfolio global growth and success. Learn more at https://scrum.vc/
About Scrum Studios
Scrum Studio is an open innovation platform we launched in 2018 with the goal of incubating new businesses by connecting iconic Japanese corporations with startups from around the world. Some of our programs include Sports Tech Tokyo, SmartCityX, and Food Tech Studio – Bites! Learn more at https://scrum.vc/studio/