There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
GM Ventures, LLC, headquartered in Warren, MI, was formed in 2010 as the Corporate Venture Capital (CVC) arm of General Motors, LLC. GM Ventures’ primary mission is to identify and fund early-stage startup companies that will accelerate the introduction of innovative technologies and improve GM’s competitiveness. GM Ventures is focusing on investments in the Electrification Eco-System, Connecting the Custom, Autonomous Experience and Digital Enterprise and other technologies as required. A small dedicated team is currently evaluating hundreds of companies with a dedicated source of capital to invest. We are committed to quality in the services we provide and, in the people that join our team. We are seeking an Investment Partner or Principle for its venture team who is a dynamic self-starter with 5 plus years’ VC/CVC experience to help our top tier venture team. Are you Ready? Apply today!
Who You are
- Proactively identify, evaluate, and develop new business leads from initial assessment to final agreements and investment via rigorous and fast paced due diligence
- Work with portfolio companies to drive value to both GM and the startup by assisting with internal alignment/expansion, fundraising, recruiting, marketing/sales, etc.
- External networking and referrals from venture capitalists, universities, and industry associations, and conferences
- Working with the GM Ventures team and collaborating internally with appropriate technical specialists, functions, and business units to align prospective investments with the needs of the business
- Support the team related to all aspects of open innovation activity
Additional Job Description
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Business/Economics/Finance
- Passionate about driving disruptive innovation for GM
- 5+ years direct experience in venture investing either through a VC, CVC, or family office
- Willing to be decisive and can follow-up with action
- Able to deal with a significant amount of ambiguity
- Strong interest in facing challenges head-on
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to analyze business plans, financial statements, and projections, as well as originate, structure, negotiate and close transactions
- Prolific communication skills
- Proven ability to work both independently, as well as with a team and senior executives in a fast-paced environment
What Would Be Even Better
- Masters Business Administration
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.