About the firm: Glynn Capital is focused on investments in leading private and public technology growth companies. We seek to be long-term investors in a limited number of excellent companies with world-class management teams, attractive business models, and long-term growth potential. More about our firm can be found at glynncapital.com.
We are looking for an Operations Trader/Portfolio Administrator. The position is responsible for performing analysis to support the firm’s trading, participating in the operations of managed accounts, and working with all aspects of the trading lifecycle (including pre- and post-trade functions). This position works closely with the head of trading, investment team, compliance and operations team, and finance team to support all day-to-day trading operations and best execution for our clients. This position will be based in Menlo Park, California, and will work on a hybrid schedule. The job will work under the senior trader’s supervision and guidance, with an on-the-job training component.
Operations Trader/Portfolio Administrator Role:
Trade Execution & Investment Research Support:
- Coordination of all pre-and-post trade activities
- Execution of trades in accordance with best execution framework
- Monitor market activity across the portfolios, be able and available to provide updates to portfolio manager and analysts as needed
- Develop and maintain relationships with market makers to ensure best execution and market commentary/coverage
- Assist with daily portfolio company research
- Assist with brokerage events/conferences/calls, including scheduling and signups
Post-Trade Processes & Trade Operations:
- Manage booking and settlements for all trades
- Trade and position reconciliation
- Daily portfolio reporting
- Record trade errors and resolve discrepancies with brokers
- Handle all logistics and operational processes when a private company goes public
- Manage trading-related documentation and recordkeeping required for compliance purposes
- Assist with commission management and CCA accounts
- Manage account DTC instructions between the broker and custodian
- Offer ideas and execution for improvement of operational and trading workflows
- Review and process all trading-related invoices for payment
- Oversee quarterly soft-dollar compliance process
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in financial markets or financial analysis role. Previous experience with trading/trade support a plus
- Proficient in Bloomberg OMS/EMSX, Eze, Axys, Oasys (CTM), TradeSuite, DTCC|ALERT (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint (required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented and highly organized – proven ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in all circumstances
- Analytical and quantitative mindset, proven ability to learn quickly
- Committed to professionalism, high degree of personal and professional integrity
- Even-keeled and calm under pressure, able to handle changing priorities or urgent needs with composure
- Proactive, resourceful, strong with follow-through; problem-solving orientation
- Accountable and dedicated with ownership over work
- Committed to confidentiality, discreet
- Able to learn new software and technologies quickly and thoroughly
- Understanding of and passion for the financial markets
Glynn Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical or mental gender (including gender identity, gender expression and/or transgender status), physical or mental disability, medical condition, HIV status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, marital or registered domestic partner status, military or veteran status (including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services), genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law or regulation. In accordance with the California Fair Chance Act and other applicable laws, the Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.