Plexo Capital is looking for an Operations Manager to join the team.
Plexo Capital is an investment manager focused on venture capital. The firm was incubated and spun out from GV (Google Ventures), based on a strategy to increase access to early-stage deal flow. Plexo Capital invests in emerging seed-stage venture capital funds, led by diverse managers, and invests directly into companies sourced from the portfolios of venture capital funds where our firm has an investment. Investors in Plexo Capital funds include Alphabet/Google, Intel Capital, Cisco Investments, the Royal Bank of Canada, Southern New Hampshire University, the Home Depot, Hearst Corporation, Hampton University + the Ford Foundation.
The Operations Manager will have responsibility for management of the operations of the firm’s investments including: managing the back office team, onboarding new investments, preparing fund metrics (both internal and external) and supporting firm wide operations. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized and structured in their thinking. It is also important to have someone who thrives in a start up environment.
- Main point of contact for the back office team (outsourced provider); work with the back office team to manage financial reporting, calculate cash needs for capital calls, manage the process for quarterly reports to limited partners (LPs), onboard new investments and prepare fund metrics.
- Lead the process for the annual audit and preparation of K-1s; work as a member of the cross functional team with the back office and audit/tax team.
- Support firm wide operations and lead processes related to planning our annual Plexo Capital Summit and Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Plexo Capital has an operating partner model, so the role will also require working with GPs from venture firms in our network to evaluate their operations and provide assistance with operational strategy.
- Ability to work full-time in Los Angeles.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of working in an operations role in large technology or financial services firm.
- Experience in Venture Capital or Private Equity operations preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required (CPA is preferred but not required).
- Exceptional organizational skills and extremely process driven across all tasks.
- Deep understanding of core financial concepts + financial statements (income statement, balance sheet + cash flow).
- The successful candidate will interact with the legal, accounting, tax and back office services that power investment management firms and venture capital funds.
- Proven attention to detail for written prose, charts, tables and spreadsheets.
- Ability to to stay on top of changing data/facts across multiple documents through planning and version control methods.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in financial modeling (Excel), key performance indicators (KPIs) and financial statements.
Competitive salary + benefits.
Please apply here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.