Job Title: Marketing & Operations Associate
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: San Francisco, CA
Note: Title and compensation are commensurate with experience
Launched in June of 2020, Venture Forward is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization focused on shaping the
future of the U.S. venture capital (VC) ecosystem. Venture Forward’s mission is to drive the human
capital, culture, values, and narrative of VC to promote a strong and inclusive community that will fuel
the economy of tomorrow. To shape the future of VC, Venture Forward produces dynamic
programming, data and research, and strategic resources that are empowering the venture ecosystem’s
ability to thrive. Venture Forward is a supporting organization to the National Venture Capital
Venture Forward is seeking a Marketing & Operations Associate (“Associate”) who will support the team
primarily through marketing and communications efforts. The Associate will also provide general
operational and administrative support, and when public health safety measures allow nonessential
businesses to return to the office, occasionally assist with general office administrative duties.
The Associate reports directly to the Venture Forward Executive Director.
Since Venture Forward is a young entity, the Associate will be part of a startup-like environment. The
Associate will have significant opportunity to help shape the organization and lead projects through its
evolution, and to grow professionally alongside the organization. This position offers an incredible
opportunity to learn about VC, engage with ecosystem leaders and newcomers, and make a big impact
on the organization and the venture industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Work with the Executive Director and Programs Director in a fast-paced—currently virtual but
eventually office—environment to further the organization’s mission and goals.
- Support marketing and communications efforts to raise the visibility of the organization’s brand;
increase the organization’s relevance within the industry; and communicate the mission,
initiatives, events, and impact to various stakeholders (e.g., current and prospective donors,
Venture Forward audience, the board, sponsors, partners, and the broader venture ecosystem).
- Manage the organization’s social media and digital communications strategy, including website
maintenance, tracking and reporting metrics, and refining the strategy to continuously improve.
- Create and curate graphics, videos, tweets, posts, and other digital content across all of the
organization’s online platforms.
- Lead the organization’s email strategy and campaigns including newsletters and donor
- Provide general operational and administrative support, including scheduling, preparing written
materials and presentations, planning virtual and in-person events, and coordinating logistics.
- Assist occasionally with general office administrative duties, such as receiving guests, collecting
packages, ordering and maintaining supplies, and hosting meetings and events (when public
health measures allow nonessential businesses to return to the office).
- Periodically travel to assist with/attend the organization’s events
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Experience with managing marketing and communications campaigns via email and social
media (including tracking metrics), familiarity with Twitter, LinkedIn, and Mailchimp (or
comparable email platform).
- Experience with website management and maintenance (including tracking metrics), familiarity
with WordPress, HTML, and Google Analytics.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including proof reading, editing, and creating
content for internal and external audiences.
- Basic graphic design skills, such as creating infographics and marketing collateral and editing
images and videos.
- Virtual and in-person event planning/management, including running Zoom
meetings/webinars and coordinating on-site and pre-event logistics.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong sense of project ownership with the ability to think proactively,
take initiative and see tasks through to completion with appropriate follow-up.
- Spirit of service and commitment to support the entrepreneurial ecosystem across the U.S.
Passion for and/or curiosity of venture capital.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com, Slack, Zoom, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and
- Education, you have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Venture Forward, we are committed to creating a work environment in which everyone on our team
is engaged and performing at high levels, and where differences in outlook, perspective, and
background are seen as adding value. We strive to attract, invest in, and develop the talents of people of
diverse backgrounds who reflect the society and community in which we live and do business. We
believe that enhanced business relationships, greater innovation, increased productivity, and better
decision making are among the benefits of the diverse and inclusive culture we seek to foster.