Comcast Ventures is looking to add a Sr. Manager of Marketing & Communications who will report to the Head of Marketing & Communications and collaborate closely with the internal team, portfolio company team members, and with partners at Comcast NBCUniversal and Sky. This is a unique opportunity to build and amplify the brand of one of the most active corporate venture investment firms in the country. Throughout our 20-year history in venture, we have helped founding teams build innovative technologies enabling businesses and industries to thrive as they transform and grow. You will have the ability to help our portfolio company startups with their communications initiatives including but not limited to PR, marketing, events, and speaking engagements. This role also gives exposure to working with partners at Comcast NBCUniversal and Sky – an iconic corporation with wide-ranging impact on people, businesses, and industries. The role encompasses Comcast Ventures and our Catalyst Fund, Genacast, Forecast Fund and Forecast Labs. You will support team members and initiatives in the San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia locations. Some travel to meetings and events is required.
The Sr. Manager of Marketing & Communications responsibilities will include:
- Daily posting and engagement on all social platforms to raise awareness of CV, Partners, and PoCos’ achievements; Grow follower audience organically through posts and engagement
- Manage and maintain the Meltwater media monitoring platform to find relevant content about PoCos to promote on social media channels and provide insight and direction on PR and social media initiatives for Comcast Ventures and its portfolio companies.
- Manage Editorial calendar across all social channels on Sprinklr
- Monthly reporting of social initiatives, providing insights and recommendations
- Manage content creation and editing content from writers and portfolio companies including blogs, podcasts, newsletters, etc.
- Prepare content for posting on appropriate channels (Medium/LinkedIn)
- Create/design social media assets to promote content
- Manage contractors who create/design social assets
- Execute and monitor paid campaigns that drive to our content; provide reporting on campaigns
- Organize, store and manage the Comcast Ventures drive(s) to ensure bios, budget tracker, vendor data is kept up to date and easy to find.
Website maintenance and content update
- Newsfeed update – Searching via our monitoring tool, uploading relevant press to our website, tagging each article to associated startup for the main CV website
- Update/upload companies, team bios, all content – all websites
- Work with Comcast IT, Developer, Designer, and Server to maintain licenses, servers, security, etc.
- Assist with the production and distribution of newsletters including the Summer Update, Year in Review,
- and (4) Enterprise Quarterly Updates.
Comcast Now maintenance and content update
- Work with Comcast Corporate communications to update stories / content about Comcast Ventures for the internal employee audience
- Assist Event Coordinator with Event Operations
- BA or BS degree
- 5+ years of marketing, communications, and/or “growth” experience in the financial services or venture capital industry is preferred. A range of experience in startups and corporations is also valuable in this role.
- Strong written and verbal communications. Comfort communicating with executives
- Strong work ethic and project management skills
- Comfort with digital platforms monitoring and measuring earned media.
- Experience maintaining website content (*Familiarity with Drupal & squarespace or proven ability to learn similar platforms is important.
- Experience managing contractors and agency vendors on marketing and communications projects.
- Background in marketing & PR agencies, internal communications, executive communications, and/or content marketing
Culture is critical. Strong candidates have these attributes:
- High energy and an outgoing personality. Trouble shooter with a good sense of humor.
- Highly articulate with exceptional writing and project management skills.
- Experience and comfort interacting with influencers/reporters and executives.
- Diligent taskmaster with strong organizational skills and healthy need to have things “organized.”
- Comfortable with technology platforms
- Direct experience in PR, at an agency, or as a reporter… is not a must, but definitely helpful.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.