GGV Capital is a multi-stage venture capital firm founded in 2000, focused on Asia and the U.S., with $6.2 billion under management across thirteen funds. The Firm has a targeted investment strategy, backing the most dynamic tech-enabled sectors including e-commerce and new retail, cloud, frontier technology and disruptions to traditional industries. GGV Capital currently manages a growing investment portfolio that now includes more than 200 active companies. GGV Capital is a top quartile performer and ranked amongst the best venture capital firms globally.
Reporting to the V.P. of Finance, the Manager of Human Resources will be responsible for managing the full range of the employee life cycle as well as office operations for GGV Capital in the U.S. The organization includes 35+ employees based in the U.S., and requires some coordination with HR counterparts in Asia.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to fully manage the administrative and operational aspects of the HR function, as well as build relationships and work with employees at all levels of the organization. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and employee relations issues. Be able to make effective and persuasive proposals on HR and administrative/operational topics to management and employees.
• Oversee and implement HR policies and procedures, programs and materials, benefits, personnel support, leaves, and immigration while ensuring compliance with Federal, State and Local compliance laws.
• Responsible for semi-monthly payroll, including timekeeping for hourly employees.
• Develop and drive People-centric programs (benefits, compensation, retention, performance management, leadership/employee training, etc).
• Own the new hire onboarding/orientation experience and conduct feedback sessions to promote transparency and growth.
• Be a trusted advisor to the Leadership group to help their teams deliver their best work every single day.
• Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide people solutions to make teams more effective.
• Manage employee relations, conduct internal investigations and audits as necessary, and process and approve terminations and performance improvement plans.
• Plan and produce employee events, including all-hands meetings, celebrations, annual holiday party, employee offsites, volunteer activities.
• Responsible for additional HR related tasks as needed.
• Supervise a team of 4 administrative staff including hiring, training, performance management and mentoring.
• Manage contract administration for non-employee interns, independent contractors, consultants, operational service providers, including travel-related services.
• Responsible for all insurance matters, including property and casualty, errors and omissions, director and officer liability, employment practices litigation, cybersecurity, as well as HR-related insurance and worker’s compensation, unemployment, and state disability.
• Responsible for office operations, leases and amendments, relationships with landlord and real estate agents/brokers, office improvements, renovations/remodel, maintenance, and repairs. Also ongoing office operations, including reception, meeting rooms, kitchen and catering, and janitorial services.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree plus at least 8 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
For more information, contact: email@example.com