Investment Team Associate – Tech Square Ventures
Tech Square Ventures is a leading early-stage venture capital firm based in Atlanta, Georgia. We partner with visionary entrepreneurs and help them with what they need most – access to markets and customers. As one of the largest and most active seed funds in the Southeast, we aim to be the top destination for enterprise and marketplace technology startups. The firm also invests through the Engage corporate innovation and accelerator program program in partnership with 14 category-leading Fortune 1000 corporations and Georgia Tech. Our platform is built on a strategic network of innovation ecosystem, corporate, and university relationships that help founders inform and accelerate go-to-market strategies.
For more about Tech Square Ventures please visit www.techsquareventures.com.
Overview of the Role:
We are looking for a full-time Associate to join our investment team focused on our Early-Stage Fund. Our Associates play a vital role at Tech Square Ventures where they are responsible for sourcing investment opportunities, research, diligence, and supporting the startups we invest in. You will play an active role in our firm’s growth working with the Partners and investment team in all aspects of venture capital, investing, and portfolio management.
- Source, screen, and evaluate seed-stage enterprise and marketplace technology investment opportunities by nurturing relationships with founders, investors, and other ecosystem partners
- Represent Tech Square Ventures and Engage in the ecosystem through events, marketing, and community building
- Conduct diligence on potential investments including team, market, go-to-market, operational, financial diligence, and financial modeling to support an investment decision
- Prepare investment memos and presentations for prospective investments
- Support term negotiations, deal structuring, and investment execution
- Continuously learn about new technology and market trends. Conduct research and prepare reports on companies, industry sectors, and investment themes.
- Lead or support working groups with corporate executives, Georgia Tech, and domain experts to translate our corporate partners strategic focus areas into actionable sourcing and investment strategies
- Help Partners provide ongoing portfolio management and assistance including go-to-market strategy and execution, customer acquisition, hiring support, and project-based work for existing portfolio companies
- Provide portfolio monitoring and fund administration support
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience. Prior experience in high-growth startups, corporate development, investment banking, technology, venture capital, consulting, or supporting investment decisions is a plus.
- Intellectually curious and passionate about startups, innovative tech, and venture capital
- Strong problem solving, qualitative, and quantitative analytical skills
- Experience in financial modeling, data analysis, and proficient in MS Excel
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Enjoys meeting and connecting new people and ecosystem building.
- Comfortable challenging others’ perspectives and welcoming of the same.
- Alignment with Tech Square Ventures core values of Service and Stewardship
- Self-directed, collaborative team player with strong work ethic.
- This role will work out of our Atlanta office and must be available for travel.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.