Associate/Principal/Partner (adjusted based on qualifications)
Position Title: Associate/Principal/Partner (adjusted based on qualifications)
• Work closely with the BioAdvance team to help evolve and strengthen its investment strategy
• Source early-stage investment opportunities within the life sciences
• Perform business and technology due diligence, develop financial models for investment
• Develop investment proposals and term-sheets
• Negotiate and complete the investments
• Take Board seats on selected portfolio companies helping them achieve their milestones
• Assist portfolio companies toward continued fundraising rounds and their eventual M&A or IPO
• Contribute to the regional life science innovation community
The ideal candidate will have a PhD in science or an MD, with significant previous experience in venture capital and/or business development. Expertise in assessing investment opportunities and technology licensing is preferred. Experience in founding and/or launching life science ventures would be a plus. Excellent communication skills are required.
Compensation will include a competitive package on par with background and qualifications.
The candidate should be located within 50 miles of Philadelphia however, the position will have a highly flexible hybrid (home/office) working location.
Apply to email@example.com
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.