Investment Associate, Cybersecurity – Playground Global
Playground Global is run by successful entrepreneurs who conceived, built and scaled successful technology companies before becoming venture capitalists. Playground invests in early-stage, deep tech startups. Our portfolio companies make secure cloud computing viable, offer logistics infrastructure that is purpose-built to power modern e-commerce companies, build and manage a shipping network for e-commerce delivery powered by intelligence and data, and much more. Our team has the technical skills and passion for digging in deep with entrepreneurs, helping them solve technical challenges to execute their visions.
We are seeking an Investment Associate to join our team and help support our partners investing in cybersecurity, enterprise infrastructure software and logistics startups. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a technical background, is a deep thinker and an enthusiastic self-starter. You don’t need to have investment experience, but you do need to have a strong interest in learning to be a venture investor.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with Playground’s partners to help develop an investment thesis in Enterprise Infrastructure Software, including cybersecurity.
- Source investment opportunities and evaluate inbound leads.
- Perform technical and business due diligence.
- Build relationships with portfolio companies and provide advice and assistance as they grow.
- Prepare briefing documents, financial returns and other analyses to support important meetings and communications.
- Degree in Computer Science, Math or Physics.
- 1+ year(s) of experience at a startup, investment bank, venture, or an MBA.
- Possess exceptional decision making instincts, strong analytical skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Exhibit a high individual standard in work output.
- Excel in written and verbal communication.
- Able to work from Playground’s office in Palo Alto 3+ days a week.
- Previous attendee at the Black Hat Conference.
- Identify with Playground Values
- Intellectually curious and practical
- Collaborative and ambitious
- Thrive on building something worthwhile regardless of the challenge
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.