The investment team at Scrum Ventures is looking for an Investment Associate. This position will work closely with the team on sourcing, diligence, thesis development, and more. The key responsibilities are:
- Evaluate new investments through conducting financial, technical, market, and operational due diligence
- Prepare deal memos and quarterly reports
- Develop market research, competitive analysis, and technology roadmaps
- Build strong relationships within the technology community with the aim to support Scrum portfolio companies
- Document meetings and updates of companies under review
- Attend industry events/conferences
- Develop investment theses for new opportunities
- Source potential deals for investment
- Assist in supporting portfolio companies on various activities, including business/sales development, fundraising, market research, etc.
- Experience working in or with technology companies, startups, investment banking, corporate development, management consulting, venture capital, or private equity
- Pre and post-MBA candidates will be considered
- Strong interpersonal and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Preference to working in a team environment and ability to self-start
- PowerPoint and Excel capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organizational skills
- “Founder-First” mentality
- Demonstrated interest in startup / tech community / entrepreneurship / venture capital
About Scrum Ventures
Scrum Ventures is an early-stage venture firm based in San Francisco with a growing Tokyo office. With entrepreneurial expertise and a strong network in Japan, we actively support portfolio global growth and success. Learn more at https://scrum.vc/
About Scrum Studios
Scrum Studio is an open innovation platform we launched in 2018 with the goal of incubating new businesses by connecting iconic Japanese corporations with startups from around the world. Some of our programs include Sports Tech Tokyo, SmartCityX, and Food Tech Studio – Bites! Learn more at https://scrum.vc/studio/.
If interested, please apply here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.