Fin Capital is a full lifecycle global asset manager exclusively focused on FinTech software. We invest from pre-seed to pre-IPO along with the public markets. As ESG investors, we seek impact on several dimensions and our mission is to build a long-term legacy for our investors, founders, firm and team members – the “Fin Family.” We are passionate about rolling up our sleeves and partnering with repeat entrepreneurs that have deep financial services experience, audacious goals, differentiated products, and a global platform mindset.
We call ourselves “FinTech Nerds with Capital” as we are operators at our core with deep corporate and start-up leadership experience – we know intimately what it’s like to walk in entrepreneurial shoes. Through our “OS” Lighthouse and hands-on operating playbook, we add meaningful value beyond capital throughout the partnership lifecycle.
Investment Analyst Role
We are actively hiring new Investment Analysts to join our team to focus on the following responsibilities:
- Conducting market analysis and opportunity identification via academic research, customer interviews, conferences, incubator and University demo days, and peers (Angels/VCs).
- Proactively developing relationships with identified early stage (Seed, Series A, and B) companies that align to our investment theses and scope
Diligence and Investment Execution:
- Support the team’s market mapping, initial screening and subsequent deep due diligence of potential investments
- Support development of diligence materials, valuation/exit models, and Investment Memo/Scorecard to assess market sizing, talent assessment, product-market fit, key metrics/financials, capital structure, valuation modeling and exit scenarios, risks, etc.
- Liaise with team members to support diligence checks (product, tech, and finance) and support the Associate team to complete the investment process.
Portfolio Company Operating Support:
- Support portfolio companies around product strategy, talent sourcing, business development, regional market and global expansion and support for future financing
- Help gather and manage portfolio performance, metrics, and financials on a Quarterly basis
- Support capital raising for the firm and portfolio company follow-on round growth financings
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excitement to join and help scale a specialist VC focused on FinTech software in North America, UK/EU, LatAm, and Israel.
- Passion for FinTech, along with InsurTech, PropTech and adjacent spaces.
- Growing network and experience in working across the relevant geos and sectors. Relevant network = banks, asset managers, insurers, FinTechs, and corporates (big tech, retailers).
- Alignment with Fin’s values in working in collaborative teams, high integrity, merit-driven and no ego/entitlement.
- 2-4 years of previous work experience, ideally with a background in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, and/or FinTech operating roles (Product Managers, BD/Sales, Corp Dev/Finance, etc.).
- B.A. or B.S. in related fields
- DE&I candidates strongly preferred
- Hiring across all 5 of our offices – SF (HQ), LA, NYC, Miami and London
If you are interested in this role, please apply here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.