Indicator Ventures is a seed-stage venture capital firm that backs and supports companies leveraging digital efficiencies’ to generate material time and cost savings. We focus on capital-efficient businesses solving high-impact problems that can scale quickly. We make initial investments in the pre-seed or seed stages of companies across a broad spectrum of industries with a concentrated portfolio that allows us to dedicate significant time and resources to supporting the founders we back and their teams — either directly or through our network of venture partners, advisors and corporate partners.
- Excited about early-stage investing and the venture/startup landscape
- Have experience in financial modeling, due diligence, and market research
- Able to work in a startup environment (i.e. small team, fast-paced, self-management)
- Are proactive, have high attention to detail and can multitask
- Currently pursuing an MBA (preferred, but not required)
- Conduct market research and support due diligence efforts as part of Indicator’s sourcing and pipeline processes
- Support, analyze and enhance Indicator’s various databases
- Prepare financial models for a variety of applications (including pro forma fundraising, KPI/metrics analysis, and financial projections)
- Support portfolio management activities (including reviewing investor updates, preparing for Board meetings, and sharing relevant industry developments)
- Author an external report (including data collection, analysis, and synthesis) on a topic to be determined collaboratively between you and the General Partners
- Support ad hoc internal operations (including note taking, internal systems management, investor relations, etc.)
This will be a paid eight-week full-time internship based in either downtown Boston or NYC, with some intermittent and compensated travel between the two. The expected commitment will be ideally as close to full-time as possible (20–30+ hours per week). If interested, please send your resume with your first and last name as the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a brief statement on (1) your favorite company in our portfolio and why, (2) a technology or industry that you believe is poised for growth, and (3) the top three private companies you’d want to invest in and why. Deadline for applications is Tuesday March 31st.
Apply here by 03/31/2020