Fund Finance & Operations Manager – Scrum Ventures
The investment team at Scrum Ventures is growing and seeking a Fund Finance & Operations Manager to support the team and our portfolio companies.
- Manage and help oversee the financial activities and operations of Scrum Ventures’ US portfolio companies
- Lead valuations, reporting functions (quarterly and annually) and legal doc review, including review of Limited Partnership Agreements, side letters and Securities Purchase Agreements/SAFE
- Manage the process with external auditor for interim and year-end audits
- Own all aspects of portfolio analytics and tracking
- Handle portfolio database management relating to quarterly performance, KPIs, cap tables and board decks. Oversee data pattern analyses, investor reporting
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to Legal, Auditor and Accounting and Limited Partners
- Build dashboards and visualizations to understand and proactively monitor performance across portfolios and drive meaningful insights
- Extensive experience in private equity valuations
- Typically requires 5 or more years experience with startups or entrepreneurship in a finance and operations role
- Solid understanding of venture accounting principles and operational due diligence functions
- VC or portfolio management experience
- Motivated to advise portfolio companies on aspects of financial operations, such as planning and forecasting, board and pitch deck prep, fundraising, valuations, regulatory considerations and disclosures, building and scaling finance teams
- Effective communicator to senior leaders and investor relations
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in IR with investors a plus
- Big Four experience in fund audit is a plus
About Scrum Ventures
Scrum Ventures is an early-stage venture firm based in San Francisco with a growing Tokyo office. With entrepreneurial expertise and a strong network in Japan, we actively support portfolio global growth and success. Learn more at https://scrum.vc/
About Scrum Studios
Scrum Studio is an open innovation platform we launched in 2018 with the goal of incubating new businesses by connecting iconic Japanese corporations with startups from around the world. Some of our programs include Sports Tech Tokyo, SmartCityX, and Food Tech Studio – Bites! Learn more at https://scrum.vc/studio/.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.