Initialized Capital is an early-stage venture capital firm based in San Francisco with $1B in assets under management. We are a collaborative team of founders, builders and operators driven to help others create and scale transformative companies. We are seeking a Fund Accountant to join our team and support the financial administration and operations of our funds.
The ideal candidate has experience in fund accounting/administration in venture/private equity, is diligent, analytical and enjoys working independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. The role requires a high level of attention to detail, prompt and clear communication skills, professional integrity towards upholding best practice in fund governance. This full-time position reports to the Fund Controller and is based in San Francisco.
- Administrative support to the Fund Controller and Finance Team.
- Reconcile bank accounts and outstanding capital calls on a daily basis.
- Update and maintain information in the firm’s internal database.
- Monitor capital activity across Initialized funds.
- Support the execution of deals in a timely manner.
- Maintain up to date investment valuations for quarterly reporting.
- Aid with quarterly reporting to the Limited Partners.
- Assist with the annual external audit and tax filing between fund administrator, auditor and tax accountant.
- Regulatory filings and other housekeeping tasks as needed to maintain funds.
- Handle sensitive information and document requests from third-party administrators.
- Correspond with stakeholders’ requests regarding fund information.
- Special projects and analysis as needed.
- 2 or more years of experience in private equity/venture accounting. Experience at a Big 4/Public accounting firm, having gone through at least 1 busy season a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency in Excel.
- Strong work ethic, professional integrity, diligent and reliable.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with AltaReturn or similar fund admin software a plus.
If you would like to apply to this position, you can apply here.