Greycroft is Hiring a Financial Operations Analyst
Greycroft is looking for someone eager to join a rapidly growing venture capital firm with visibility to all levels of investment professionals and management. The Financial Operations Analyst will perform finance and operations functions to support the firm’s investment activity and management of existing portfolio companies. This is a great role for someone with excellent foundational finance and analytical skills interested in joining the venture capital space.
Greycroft is a seed-to-growth venture capital firm with 200+ global investments to date. Founded in 2006, Greycroft partners with entrepreneurs striving to build category-defining companies across consumer, healthcare, fintech, enterprise software, and other emerging categories. Some of our notable investments include Acorns, Archer Aviation, Bright Health, Bumble, Flutterwave, Icertis, Public, Scopely, Shipt, Thirty Madison, The RealReal, Venmo, and Yeahka. Additional information can be found at http://www.greycroft.com.
- Manage the portfolio company reporting process and coordinate the collection process of financial documents with an outside vendor
- Regularly maintain Greycroft’s investment processes and data via purchase reports from Fund Administrator, cap tables, financials, investment memos, and input from the investment team
- Support maintenance of cap tables through collaboration with vendors and portfolio companies
- Support investment activities by maintaining investment pipeline and assisting with capital calls and fund forecasting
- Assist in documenting changes in valuation in accordance with our Valuation Policy and coordinating with the Manager of Financial Operations, Senior Manager of Accounting, Director of Accounting, CFO, and Fund Administrator
- Assist in financial modeling and ad hoc assignments related to financial operations, firm operations, and financial reporting as needed
- Assist in the preparation of the Year-End and Semi-Annual Company Profiles and Letters to Limited Partners
- Help to collect and organize supporting documents and data in preparation for the year-end audit; assist the Manager of Financial Operations with valuation memos and other audit-related requests
- Respond to data requests related to fund reporting, including requests by Fund Administrator, Limited Partners, and third-party data providers
- Preparation of materials for Annual Meeting and Advisory Board Meetings
- Collaborate with the investment team, deal leads, and sector teams to maintain comparable company lists to analyze revenue multiples and aid in the roll-forward of exit assumptions
- Collaborate with the Legal & Compliance team to drive continued development and documentation of proper compliance processes
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Strong business writing skills
- The ability to act confidently within a team and the ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to think innovatively to solve problems and improve processes
- An innate interest in issues related to corporate finance and investing in private companies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, valuation services, or finance
- Broad understanding of financial and accounting principles
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Greycroft is an equal employment opportunity employer. We foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Greycroft will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance and any other applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.