Finance Manager – Evans Capital
Evans Capital, which is based in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood, is a family office that manages and stewards family investments in marketable and non-marketable financial assets, real estate and art. Evans Capital also manages a private investment fund which makes direct investments in angel, seed, venture and venture growth companies in technology and health care, as well as a separate commercial real estate fund.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this person will provide financial support services for all aspects of the family office. The position will work closely with other members of the family office team and maintain confidentiality at all times. This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Director of Finance with managing private fund and direct investment portfolio
- Download and organize private fund and direct investment reports
- Assist in preparing a dashboard of investments for review including capital calls, distributions, updating net asset value
- Assist Director of Finance with quarter-end closing process of various entities including posting journal entries, reconcile general ledger accounts and completing monthly bank reconciliations for multiple accounts/entities
- Manage accounts payable process by using Bill.com:
- Enter all bills and set approvers
- Set up new vendor accounts
- Pay bills once approved
- Process and reconcile credit card activity and code to proper accounts
- Manage monthly invoices and collection for sub-lease
- Assist with maintaining budget versus actual of construction projects
- Occasional finance related errands including bank deposits
- Other ad-hoc projects as applicable
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 2-5 years professional experience in accounting and finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite for Mac (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online
- Experience with Bill.com, SmartSheet, Slack, Box, DocuSign a plus
- Experience in private equity/venture capital/alternative investment office not required but a plus
- Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude with creative solutions, ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently, manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with team, vendors and third-party administrators
- Able to work as a team player, be flexible and adaptable to change
- Open to development of skills and knowledge
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
Jenny Zemel serves as Manager, Special Projects where she provides interdepartmental support on a variety of projects for both the NVCA team and Venture Forward team. She also helps support the administrative needs of NVCA’s President and CEO Bobby Franklin.