B Capital is seeking a Finance Manager that is capable of taking additional responsibilities on from the team as the position progresses. This position is a great opportunity to gain a broad range of experience within a growing venture capital firm. The position will primarily be focused on fund accounting, portfolio company reporting, quarterly valuations, and assisting with the management company monitoring & reporting. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated “all-purpose athlete” who can be flexible with their skills to help with a variety of projects across different firm areas.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key member of lean internal finance team helping oversee multiple funds across a variety of sectors, geographies, and strategies
- Collaborates with internal and external accounting teams to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Reconcile and manage various Funds, SPVs, and Management Company entities
- Liaise with fund administrator for investments, capital calls, distributions, management fee calculations, and quarterly financial statement reporting
- Work with internal and external teams to manage the quarterly valuation process across multiple entities
- Maintain line of credit, including borrowings, paydowns, interest accruals, and compliance requirements
- Assist with global portfolio reporting. Includes working with internal investment and platform team members, external portfolio companies, and overseeing a global portfolio reporting tech platform
- Supports development of internal financial controls and their implementation
- Assist in developing budgets, and monitoring expenses, and forecasting cash flows for the management company
- Assist in new fund launches including onboarding service providers, opening bank accounts, and coordinating with internal and external legal counsel on entity formation and fund documents
- Assist with annual audit and tax process
- Respond to quarterly and ad-hoc investor information requests and coordinate with other business units (investor relations, investment team, business development, etc.) as necessary to complete requests
- Assist with additional ad hoc projects as needed
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in fund accounting and/or overseeing a fund administrator
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Modeling & quantitative analysis experience (Excel) a plus
- Exposure working with US GAAP
- CPA a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail while working with complex data sets
- Results-oriented with high prioritization skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and deliver projects in a timely fashion
- Experience working within asset management. Ideally, Venture Capital, Private Equity, or a Hedge Fund
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, proactive, and capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Must use discretion working with confidential and sensitive information regarding the company, executive management, and investors
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team structure
- Quickbooks Online (“QBO”) experience a plus
- ASC 820 valuation experience a plus
- Prior experience interacting with investors and limited partners or institutional fundraise a plus
- Tax experience a plus
ABOUT B CAPITAL:
B Capital Group is a global firm specializing in multi-stage investing in B2B and B2B2C companies that are transforming large traditional industries across borders and geographies. Leveraging a global team of seasoned investor-experts and an exclusive partnership with The Boston Consulting Group, B Capital Group helps startups navigate business challenges, raise capital, and attract talented leadership at key points of their journeys to scale. We invest in Enterprise technology (e.g. consumer enablement technologies, enterprise application software, infrastructure, security, AI/ML), Fintech and Insurtech, Industrial and Transportation, and HealthcareTech and Bio IT. Our portfolio includes global, high-potential and market-leading companies like Atomwise, Bounce, Centivo, Evidation Health, Icertis, Innovacer, Khatabook, Kopi Kenangan, Ninja Van, Notable Labs, Payfazz, SilverCloud Health, Synack, Ula, and YaloChat. For more information, visit http://www.bcapgroup.com/.
B CAPITAL GROUP CORE VALUES:
- Honest – We speak the truth to others and ourselves, but always with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, we are intellectually honest, and we are not afraid to say what we know and what we don’t.
- Open – We are constantly evolving, and always looking for ways to better ourselves and our communications, to increase transparency, and improve as a team.
- Trustworthy – Our people and the culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other.
- Humble – As we advance, we stay humble and never declare victory, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. When we operate with low ego, we are open to new perspectives, allowing us to learn and improve.
- Collaborative – We are one team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and we work to lift each other up, knowing that we are better together. We bring the best of our firm to every interaction, leveraging our partners. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- Bold – We are bold and willing to take risks and understand that means that we will at times fail. We learn from our failures, we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- Persistent – To build enduring success, the long-term must prevail over the short-term. Sometimes winning in the long-term looks like losing in the short-term. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that our race is a marathon, not a sprint.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit here.