- This event has passed.
Stanford/NVCA VC Symposium
March 13 - March 14
NVCA and Stanford have partnered to produce the VC Symposium aimed to better equip VC investment professionals, specifically young VCs and emerging managers, with the practical guidance to achieve success as a venture capitalist in a rapidly changing marketplace.
Learn to respond effectively to new governance challenges at venture capital firms and at portfolio companies. Explore best practices in fund management and limited partner relationships. Examine cutting-edge issues affecting the entire venture sector, including deal pricing, initial coin offerings, and the emergence of a new breed of late stage investors. Speakers include leading venture capitalists, limited partners, CEOs, regulators, attorneys and scholars.
Topics for 2018 will include:
- Gender harassment issues and strategies for creating diverse, inclusive workplaces
- Initial coin offerings and implications for the venture capital sector
- Softbank’s Vision Fund and the consequences of a new breed of late stage investor
- The SEC’s enforcement action against Zenefits and implications for VC investing
- Limited partners and their role in monitoring fund conduct
- How to value a unicorn: a quantitative approach to “special terms” in late stage financings
- How to keep your portfolio companies out of trouble
- Joe Lacob – Owner & CEO, Golden State Warriors; Former Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers
- Naval Ravikant – Founder/Chairman, AngelList
- Rajeev Misra – Director, SoftBank Group Corp.
- $1,850 Early Bird (Until 1/1/2018)
- $2,250 General Registration (After 1/1/2018)
- NVCA Members Receive a 10% Discount with the Code: NVCA
- Registration requirements apply, learn more here http://stanford.io/2AkPwms
Thanks to our sponsor!