- This event has passed.
H-1B Issues in the Tech Sector
June 10 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
In today’s fiercely competitive market for tech talent, immigration issues are continuing to pose new challenges for companies across the technology spectrum. With H-1B visas under increased scrutiny both in the political arena and in USCIS adjudications, companies in the technology sector have to adapt quickly to remain competitive in the changing landscape of the U.S. immigration system.
Join us for a webinar on topics including current trends in H-1B processing for tech companies, third party placement issues and export control issues. We will also address upcoming efforts of the Administration to change the H-1B program through legislation and regulations, including President Trump’s recent proposal to overhaul the current immigration structure with a merit-based “point system.”
This webinar will address the following questions:
• What are the new issues and current processing trends in FY2020 H-1B cap cases?
• What are the best practices for compliance in third-party placements of H-1B employees?
• How can companies best implement a compliant export control program for H-1B employees?
• How will the proposed legislative and regulatory changes in the H-1B program affect the U.S. tech industry?
• What is the status of the elimination of the H-4 EAD provisions?
Marketa Lindt, Partner, Sidley
Tim Payne, Partner, Sidley
Jen Fernandez, Associate, Sidley
Peter Schiron, Assistant General Counsel, Deloitte
Jon Baselice, Executive Director of Immigration Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Web conference log-in details will be sent to participants the day before the program. For questions or more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, June 10, 2019
10:00 – 11:30 a.m. (PT) | 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. (CT) | 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. (ET)