Position: Director, Programming & Industry Relations
Reports to: Vice President, Development
Location: San Francisco, CA or Washington, D.C.
The National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) unites the U.S. venture ecosystem to support the formation of high-growth companies and ensure the U.S. remains the most competitive environment in the world for entrepreneurs. NVCA is a nonprofit association powered by a diverse group of member firms. We convene venture capital investors, entrepreneurs, and industry partners to shape public policy priorities, to develop new industry initiatives, to provide premier research, and to participate in professional development opportunities with their peers.
Reporting to the Vice President, Development, the Director, Programming & Industry Relations (“Director”) will support the strategic direction of programming, content, and thought leadership to foster engagement and deliver value across NVCA’s membership, including design and execution of conferences and events. The Director will also foster relationships with partners/sponsors to support programming and drive revenue for the association. This important, industry facing position will play a critical role in marketing the association to current and prospective members and furthering the association’s brand.
- Own content and program strategy/experience, including management of digital tools/platforms
- Lead conference efforts (in collaboration with team), including major education, operational, and policy related events
- Develop thought leadership initiatives and engage with members/partners to create and publish relevant content that elevates members and benefits the member community
- Oversee networking and professional development groups within the membership, including CFO, Corporate Venture, and Growth Equity groups, among others
- Recruit sponsors to support programming and add revenue to NVCA; nurture strong relationships to deliver mutual value
- Identify opportunities to enhance the member and sponsor experience
- Partner with Communications team to develop effective branding and marketing initiatives to support programming and association overall
- Support member recruitment and retention activities, including annual renewal process
- Creatively identify and source prospective streams of non-dues revenue
- Contribute to the development of new and innovative ways to communicate with our members and other important constituencies within the ecosystem
- Conduct regular database, website, and membership information updates
- Fulfill event sponsorship contracts
IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
Strategic and energetic relationship builder with collaborative approach to internal and external stakeholder engagement. Proven success and demonstrated results in leading and executing significant events/programs/campaigns. Knowledge of and relationships within the venture capital ecosystem preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Project management experience including program design, content strategy, network development, and marketing skills you have gained through working at a VC firm, startup, accelerator, industry association, or similar entity.
- Significant experience in strategic planning, program design, and project management which can include events, educational experiences, branding campaigns, publications, etc. You are a self-starter and results oriented, while also a hands-on “doer.”
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills — both written and verbally — and experience engaging with high profile leaders and senior executives. Comfort and confidence interacting with a broad range of diverse stakeholders.
- Fluency and curiosity in online platforms, ability to creatively and effectively leverage digital tools/resources. A keen interest in testing out new systems in our current “digital centric” environment.
- Intellectual curiosity about venture capital investors and innovation ecosystem, with an interest in improving existing content and developing new content and programs to benefit VCs.
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint Outlook, and Word; as well as online communication/event platforms.
- Education: You have a Bachelor’s degree (required).
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter or short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
NVCA is committed to creating a work environment in which everyone on our team is engaged and performing at high levels, and where differences in outlook, perspective, and background are seen as adding value. We strive to attract, invest in, and develop the talents of people of diverse backgrounds who reflect the society and community in which we live and do business. We believe that enhanced business relationships, greater innovation, increased productivity, and better decision-making result from the diverse and inclusive culture we seek to foster.